New'ish in Vancouver

Options
wellsjc
wellsjc Posts: 23 Member
Hi All!

Started in late April, mostly just tracking. I made sure I tracked my main fixes, McDonalds, Pizza, Donairs even Subway. I think I was more lazy than anything. I literally ate twice a day, 2pm and 8pm. But I ate alot in each sitting.

A little backstory: In 2000 I did my first Ironman at 212lbs(I am 6'5), my last Ironman in 2011 was at 248lbs. I have completed 7 full length and just shy of 50 full marathons.

Fast forward to 2016 and I stepped on the scale after a quick Caribbean trip and saw 299.8 and promptly refused to step on the scale while there was a possibility to see 300+.

As stated I started with tracking, and I started walking. I was always a runner, walking was never worth it in my mind. I focused on calorie deficit and every bit helps was my thinking. I have started swimming again and did my first spin class today. I also have 45 minutes of weights on weekdays broken into 3 days for different muscle groups.

My weigh in days are Wednesday mornings so I will see if things keep progressing tomorrow morning. So far it has been 5 weeks and I was at 277lbs last weigh in. In the past 5 weeks I have not had pop, fast food or any meal that I did not prepare myself. I have logged 167kms in march of walking.

Just wanted to introduce myself. These are all personal journeys but support comes from many sources. Feel free to comment and/or say hi!

J
May 31 2016

Replies

• kutechick
    kutechick Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome, you can do it. Wishing you great success this time around. I'm just starting to walk but hope to run and do 5k.
  • wellsjc
    wellsjc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks! This time both cardio and weights are feeling good so easier to keep up with it.

I have found walking to be quite beneficial despite my earlier beliefs. When you get a good base of walking in, try running 1 minute out of every 5, then when you feel comfortable increase the running slowly.

J
  • ellebreedlove42
    ellebreedlove42 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing I completely empathize . I feel like we all need these moments in a way to motivate better behaviors.