Reading terminal market in Philly...

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
Will be in the area tomorrow and Saturday (Wizard World! Yay!). I figured I could get lunch there tomorrow before going to the Con, as I'm not really in a rush.

The question is - what do you recommend? I don't want to waste precious calories on mediocre food, so any recommendation would be great (I can probably spare 1000 calories or so). I can't believe I've lived around Philly for 14 years and never been there...

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    The Amish people!! Everything they make there is freaking ah-maz-ing. The donuts and pretzels in particular. Oh and their fried chicken.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    when I went a few weeks ago, we split a philly cheesesteak from Spataro's, some type of sausage sandwich from Wursthaus Schmitz and a cannoli from Termini Brothers Bakery (highly recommend the cannoli)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Sorry but.....EVERYTHING there is good. I usually take home a lot of spices though.
  • randomtai
    Options
    There is a sit down diner there that I do not reccomend. I had food there a couple of weeks ago and it was just meh.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    There is a sit down diner there that I do not reccomend. I had food there a couple of weeks ago and it was just meh.

That's probably the only way to narrow it down...the places NOT to go to. I need a visit there stat!
  • randomtai
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    randomtai wrote: »

That's probably the only way to narrow it down...the places NOT to go to. I need a visit there stat!

For real. I made the mistake of going on a Sunday and I found out the hard way that the Amish people are off on Sundays and Mondays.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    DiNIC'S!! Roast pork and broccoli raabe...get a donut from Beiler's. You won't regret it. Watch Spataros for cheese steaks...they use whiz...I'm firmly against whiz. Oh and for amazing deli sandwiches that cause gout...Hershel's east side is really good.

The only meal I ever had there that was so so was the thai place. Not bad, but I've had better.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    DiNIC'S!! Roast pork and broccoli raabe...get a donut from Beiler's. You won't regret it. Watch Spataros for cheese steaks...they use whiz...I'm firmly against whiz. Oh and for amazing deli sandwiches that cause gout...Hershel's east side is really good.

The only meal I ever had there that was so so was the thai place. Not bad, but I've had better.

ours didn't have whiz.... we had provolone
  • megansayssup
    megansayssup Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    meltkraft grilled cheese. i dont go to reading terminal that frequently so when i do, i splurge
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Man. I wish I was actually craving something, it would make it much easier! All I have planned is some Spring rolls at a Vietnamese place for dinner... and I know that I got to pick up some bread at the market too.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

This.

I can't remember the bakery, but a whoopie pie is also a necessity.