What would you choose to eat from this menu?

Options
2»

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I would just get what I want and enjoy. One meal isn't going to derail your success.
  • Libby283
    Libby283 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    This would be tough for me, because none of the meals appeal to me. So it would be the grilled chicken on salad greens, dressing on the side, because I do not like salad dressing. I may or may not eat the croutons. I would have to stop for actual food on the way home.
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't what you are asking but i'd like to give you a "tip" whatever you do eat, be prepared to not be able to finish it! I also rarely eat out and when I did on vacation I was ready to gorge and I COULDN'T!!! My belly simply could not eat like I had before losing weight and it physically hurt. So get something you'll enjoy and prepare to get doggy bag and not kill yourself trying to finish!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Sword fish or salmon with dressing/sauce on the side... but I'd probably ask what they mean by 'grilled fresh mixed fish' and what it comes with, lol.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    If it was my first dinner out in a year, I would order what sounded best and log it to the best of my ability.

Yep. And for me, that'd be the bruschetta with chicken liver ragu as a starter and probably the sea bass as a main. Unless this place has great pizza. Because then it'd be a pizza.

Normally I avoid pizza at regular restaurants because we have an awesome pizza place here and anywhere else is probably going to disappoint.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    When I eat out I like to get food that is new to me or sounds interesting, or something I don't make at home for whatever reason.

If I want an entree that's heavy (high calorie) I'll skip a starter or if my dining companions are getting starters will get something light. I generally bring half my entree home so will keep in mind that I want to get something that will travel well/reheat well.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Branzino con spec e asparagi

I second this one.

• butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Libby283 wrote: »
    This would be tough for me, because none of the meals appeal to me. So it would be the grilled chicken on salad greens, dressing on the side, because I do not like salad dressing. I may or may not eat the croutons. I would have to stop for actual food on the way home.

Wow!!! Craziness. I could eat that whole menu. :open_mouth:
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I would have the Portobello alla griglia con caprino for my antipasto and order the Bistecca di manzo for my secondi. If my husband was willing to share something, we'd split the Pasta or Risotto del giorno as a primi.

Yum.
  • RobD520
    RobD520 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    The Branzino for certain! I might go with the caprese as my starter; or I may consider the calamari if I could share it.

It all looks great!
  • RobD520
    Options
    Libby283 wrote: »

Everyone's entitled to eat what they like, of course. But this post makes me sad.

I wonder what "actual food" is......
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    haha it feels like a cult here sometimes, is "log it to the best of my ability" part of the mantra?
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Not out in a over a year and now not knowing what to eat? Oh my... :)

Just order a bunch of things and try. Finish the one you like and pack the rest home.
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone- I went for the eat whatever I want approach! I have young kids and no family nearby so it's not often we can afford a meal out plus babysitting!

In the end I chose the calameretti fritti, linguine al profumo di mare and hazelnut semifreddo for dessert. I also had a small cappuccino and half a pint of nice Italian lager (wine makes me sleepy these days!). It was all totally delicious and I felt like I was ready for a treat so it was also totally worth it. Back to it tomorrow!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Sword fish or salmon with dressing/sauce on the side... but I'd probably ask what they mean by 'grilled fresh mixed fish' and what it comes with, lol.

This was my pick, exactly!
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I'd like to try the Portobello mushroom dish without the goat cheese. o:) If it was my first time in a super long time, I wouldn't worry about calories.
  • RobD520
    Options
    jmgj27 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone- I went for the eat whatever I want approach! I have young kids and no family nearby so it's not often we can afford a meal out plus babysitting!

In the end I chose the calameretti fritti, linguine al profumo di mare and hazelnut semifreddo for dessert. I also had a small cappuccino and half a pint of nice Italian lager (wine makes me sleepy these days!). It was all totally delicious and I felt like I was ready for a treat so it was also totally worth it. Back to it tomorrow!

Well done!