Getting things balanced

Options
Im really struggling to make calories, Protein and Carbs all balance out.
Like today for instance im around 400 calories under.. im about 90 under my carbs and 15 over in protein.
Yesterday was under on calories again.. under on protein and over on carbs.. does anyone else struggle?
I want to wat more if my calories but i cant as it would take me over the other factors.
Does it impact weight loss dramatically?

Advice is welcomed :)

Replies

• vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    For straight up weight loss, count your calories. Macros do not matter for weight loss. Eat a wide variety of whole foods for nutrition and wellness, and fit in your treats so that you don't lead a life of deprivation.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    If you consistently eat over your protein and under your carbs, adjust your macros. It's definitely okay to eat more protein if you're subtracting calories somewhere else.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    I don't stress over doing it on protein. Went over most days last week and it was my 2nd best weight loss. Doing the same this week and hoping my weigh in tomorrow goes well...
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Calories come from protein, carbs and fat - all three of them. Track fat as well, and I guarantee it won't be so confusing.

Weight loss is all about having a sustained calorie deficit. A good diet can make that easier. A good macro split can be a good guideline for a healthy diet. But there are no magic macros for weight loss.
  • fullofdreams84
    fullofdreams84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks all.. eager for Saturday to arrive to see what the scales say. I have felt as though i have eaten better.. i feel better. Fingers crossed :) Thanks again x