I've Hit Rock Bottom...

Options
I was doing so good! 15 of my planned 25 gone, and I was looking great! When I went to take my before pics for JM30DS, I died inside... D:

I have 1.5 inches of fat on my lower stomach, and 1 inch above the belly button... I have 1/2 on my hips, and I feel terrible...
Weighing 137lbs at 5'3 when you're still growing taller isn't a good thing at all... I weigh 60 POUNDS more than my best friend... I'm a big boned, muscular person, so I'm never going to hit her weight, but I'm not going to weigh that much more. Never. I had huge plans, to be done by September, but now I'm not sure... I just lack self-control. PLEASE give me tips! I just don't understand.

I'm a runner, although I haven't run in 3 days.
I'm in TaeKwonDo, and participate actively.
I do yoga.
I walk regularly.
I'm on day 3 of the 30 Day Shred, and try hard.

It's my eating... Please help me with this! What can I do to stick only to my diet foods, and how can I eat less?

AND, if I start 6 Week Six-Pack soon, do you think I could be rid of my 1 1/2 coating of fat by September?

Hopefully it's true that you have to hit the bottom before you can climb up. </3

Replies

• natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    How old are you? Weight gain usually precedes growth spurts.

P.S. The teenage years suck.
  • mialsya
    mialsya Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Having some fat is healthy. A lack of fat can cause a lot of health and hormonal issues. Keep living healthy and learn how to love you for who you are, inside and out!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    How old are you? That may help us tailor our suggestions... I don't want to be too harsh if you're young! lol
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    How old are you? Weight gain usually precedes growth spurts.

P.S. The teenage years suck.

Yup, you gain some extra fat first and then you grow and it evens itself out.

And I don't know how old you are, but at almost any age, being 77 pounds like your friend isn't healthy.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    first of all...don't let your pics get you down!! this journey takes time and you will get to your goal soon enough!! I know how you feel as I am also 5'3" (currently 126.4lbs) and my goal is to be 112!! I wanted to reach my goal by August 10th; however, I have been at a plateau for over a month already so I doubt it will happen! Instead of being down on myself or giving up...I decided to do the 30 DS to change my body (even if the scale isn't moving)! You are doing the right things with your exercise it seems, and taking all of the neccessary steps to get the slim and toned body that you want, so now focus on your eating.

try to stay within your cal goal everyday, drink your water, watch your sodium and fiber, and eat more small meals vs few large meals every day!! all of these things will help you feel fuller and help so you don't over eat! consistency is key...never give up!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up; as long as you're still working, you're not at rock bottom. As far as food goes, try to only keep healthy stuff in the house. Make swaps. Instead of a candy bar, get those sugar free chocolate pudding packs. Instead of chips, try Special K crisps (seriously delicious). If you must indulge (and even when you're eating "better" foods), watch your portions! This is what kills most people. They underestimate how much they're eating. To combat this, I measure everything. If the box says a serving is half a cup, you better believe I'm getting out a measuring cup and not caring about the weird looks I'm getting. And take it one meal at a time, if that's what it takes. Everytime you reach for something you shouldn't eat, stop and ask yourself "is this going to get me to my goal?" If the answer is no, you know what to do. Also, make sure you drink tons of water. TONS of water. Best of luck!!
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Girl I would give anything to weigh 137!! My goal weight is actually 140 and I am 5'4. It sounds to me like your best friend is too skinny! I think you should take it easy on yourself...you are fine. Go ahead and work out and try to make better food choices but don't beat yourself up if you don't lose a ton of weight. You sound very healthy to me now.
  • equinehugger3
    equinehugger3 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you all(: I'm 13. (I know my profile says otherwise, but I made this account for my mom, not knowing she'd already made one. I was planning on making my own, so I just took hers... :P) I'm about 5'3, but I have huge feet, so I know I'm going to grow. I work out a lot, and self-control with eating is really my main problem. I have some good muscle underneath this stuff... (Teenage years do suck - especially when all of your friends are super short and thin. :ohwell: )

Thank you ALL for your support! Last year I began to carry a waterbottle around with me, and drink when I was hungry... I think I'll start that again. (:
  • lbelfrey
    lbelfrey Posts: 63
    Options
    Yes, true, but don't forget the long legged beauties have a place in this world as well. The key is smaller meals more often and smaller portions. You can do it! Try a dance team at school. Those pounds will fly off!
    TTYL,
    Louisa
  • tjradd73
    Options
    hey girly....does your mom know that you have opened this account?? just curious...you are awfully young to be "dieting" so I hope that you are on here, just to learn a healthier lifestyle?? Please feel free to ask me for any advice that you may have when it comes to food and exercise choices...I have a 12 year old son that I keep healthy with me, and I myself started dieting when I was 13 as well :)
  • equinehugger3
    equinehugger3 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    hey girly....does your mom know that you have opened this account?? just curious...you are awfully young to be "dieting" so I hope that you are on here, just to learn a healthier lifestyle?? Please feel free to ask me for any advice that you may have when it comes to food and exercise choices...I have a 12 year old son that I keep healthy with me, and I myself started dieting when I was 13 as well :)
    Don't worry, my mom knows I'm on(: In fact, she occasionally uses her account too(: I'm not really planning on looking at the number on the scale too much, just to tone up.., (I have about an inch of belly fat...) I hope to just learn to stay healthy for the rest of my life! (:

Thank you so much(:
  • MKay
    MKay Posts: 1
    Options
    Great goal setting!! :) Good luck... :)
  • tjradd73
    Options
    alrighty!! that's what I like to hear...glad to have you in the 30DS challenge!! :)
  • Shelbelle333
    Shelbelle333 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You are still young and your body is still developing and growing. It sounds like you are very active, keep it up! Don't compare yourself to anyone else, you are your own person and as long as you keep eating healthy and staying active you will continue to grow and mature into a very beautiful young lady.
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options

Thank you ALL for your support! Last year I began to carry a waterbottle around with me, and drink when I was hungry... I think I'll start that again. (:

I was in your same position at age 11 - and by age 12, I had grown another 6 (!) inches! (Talk about a growth spurt!) By that point, the "extra fat" pretty much disappeared. Remember your body needs nutrients to grow and be healthy and do all the activities you list, so drinking water instead of eating might not be the healthiest thing. Eat when you're hungry! Just make sure when you do eat, it's "full" calories with lots of nutrients, not "empty" calories like soda, vending machine food, candy, etc!
  • maxinethestrange
    Options
    Do not compare yourself to others you are young still and thats about when my eatting got distructive because i became obsessed with how my naturally slim friends looked ... you will grow and gain weigh , loss weight and all those other fun things that come with being a teenager you are exersizing well just remember to eat well 3 meals a day lots of fruit and veg and water diets at your age are not a good idea if you really want to do a proper diet ask your doctor they will let you know the healthiest way to do it ... dont worry teen years get better
  • charli21
    charli21 Posts: 13
    Options
    you're only 13. i know its hard, but try NOT to compare yourself to your friend(s). that could possibly lead to an eating disorder or body dysmorphic disorder. you are ok the way you are. DONT diet, but eat healthy. DONT deny yourself delicious, healthy food. stay active, but DONT overdo it. if you do, you may get injured or burned out. growing up is a phase and your body will go through many, many changes while it grows. if you need a friend, i am here! i am a mom of a 9 year old who is extremely thin, and she gets teased all the time for her body, so it goes both ways ;) *wink* love yourself as you are. (((hugs)))
  • jackieelizabeth
    jackieelizabeth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey this might sound crazy but I was in the exacttt and I mean exact same situation! The reason my weight was high was always due to eating and to be honest I found it was usually emotional eating or just plain boredom but it literally felt out of my control at times!! Even when I lost a few pounds or got closer to my goal I would think " this struggle will never be over I'll always continue to gain if I don't watch eating and exercise strictly" but I have been falling asleep to a weightless hypnosis app on my iPod that I really feel has turned my eating habits around! I never really believed in all that stuff and I'm pretty sure it's all I'm my head:) but it talks about chewing slowly, walking away from food, and enjoying each bite. It's very logically and as Ive been listening to it I actually started to feel i like I have a grip over my appetite and eating !!