Trying once again!

Options
alc649
alc649 Posts: 467 Member
So here I am again. Trying to lose weight and heavier than ever! Always struggled with my weight since I was in grade school. I'm an emotional eater and love food..even tried to find overeaters anonymous meetings but there are none in my area. I want to feel better about myself and have more energy. I'm 5ft 61/2 and 280 lbs at 27 years old.i've got to do something. I want to see my kids grow up. Looking for support and someone to keep me accountable. Feel free to add me!

Replies

• jencook1969
    jencook1969 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Back again too, feel free to add me. Sw 265, at 253 now want to be 167...5' 9"...gonna stick with it this time!!!
  • alc649
    Options
    It's so hard :(
  • ashleyhylland
    ashleyhylland Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can do it, feel free to add me!
  • alc649
    Options
    OK great.how do I add you?
  • Daisyhatespeach
    Daisyhatespeach Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am also starting over again (again). I will add you :)
  • mastshipraa
    mastshipraa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same story!! But I find my motivation easily and stick to it for like a year and then something or the other comes up. I need some support too. I am Indian and vegetarian:)
  • tjoycelene
    tjoycelene Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My mind is made up and I'm ready to take this journey head on! Add me
  • alc649
    Options
    I'm really picky about my veggies so that makes it hard! How do I add people? I can't figure it out.
  • spanishrose917
    spanishrose917 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm here again also 5ft 8 inches 279. Lost weight over a year ago and gained it all back . Having issues with Plantar Faciitis which has slowed me down tremendously, but looking to start this over again , slowly and determined. :)
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" 170lbs back again, on a paleo protocol diet to help heal my eczema and alopecia so as long as you don't care about special diets for health feel free to add! :]
  • alc649
    Options
    So it's day 1 and I'm starving! Eating a banana now so that helps and walked on my lunch break for a little bit.I've been drinking water alot and been peeing like every 10 minutes!lol planning on going groceries shopping so I can get some fruit and veggies to snack on. I have a question though. Since I weigh 280 it says I should be getting 2,300 calories..that seems like a whole lot..do you guys think that's accurate?
  • cuci1977
    cuci1977 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I haven't really left. but I have put 10 kg back since last summer. Lost my motivation, and now since I put so much weight on I get upset and I eat even more. Its a circle not sure how to get out of it.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    I would eat the recommended. There'll be plenty of time to eat less when you're smaller. Eat enough, make it great food, enjoy the process! You're a lot more likely to stick with it if you're not starving. Be in it for the long haul :)
  • bizzybee72
    bizzybee72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty active, but I need to have will power! I need to make an effort into a healthier eating lifestyle and stand clear of the junk food. I really like my sweets :-( This site really does help with the accountability.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    2300 sounds reasonable for your stats. I started at 2100 cal and I was 215 lbs, 5'0'' and this gave me a steady loss of about 1 lb per week without cardio.
  • chrism12002
    chrism12002 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good luck I'm back again too
  • alc649
    Options
    Do you think 1lb a week is a good pace?
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    alc649 wrote: »

That sounds awesome.
    Just take baby steps. Log what you eat presently and then just try to match what you consume with what the app says you should consume. Don't stress too much about the macros, concentrate on the calories and see where it takes you.
  • HuskyGent
    HuskyGent Posts: 32 Member
    Options

I think 1lb a week is a good plan. You won't be starving yourself to achieve it. Making a few small changes to food habits and exercise will be easier to accept. When you lose the first few pounds it will reinforce it and help with motivation.

Good luck.
  • alc649
    Options
    HuskyGent wrote: »

I think 1lb a week is a good plan. You won't be starving yourself to achieve it. Making a few small changes to food habits and exercise will be easier to accept. When you lose the first few pounds it will reinforce it and help with motivation.

Good luck.

Thank you :)