New member - friend suggested

Options
I was on a walk with my friend yesterday and she was praising myfitnesspal.com. She has been able to track her calories and exercise successfully and has already lost nearly 50 lbs! I would love to do the same, but definitely need support. My husband is supportive but has seen me start and stop so many programs or fad diets in the past that I want to surprise and wow him (and myself) with my ablitity to stick to a healthier lifestyle. I have a little girl that is almost 2 and I currently am only 5 lbs lighter than my heaviest pregnancy weight. I was 50 lbs lighter before I became pregnant and am kicking myself that in these last 2 years I have not made any progress at all. I know that as I get older it is only going to get harder and I would eventually like to have more kids but definitely do not want to start another pregnancy overweight, only to get worse as time goes on. I need and want to change!!

Replies

• cowiness
    cowiness Posts: 28
    Options
    Welcome! Im sure we can do this together! i'll send you a friend req =D
  • peacestar84
    peacestar84 Posts: 100
    Options
    Welcome :D I love myfitnesspal and having friends on here really helps too. (I'll send you a request).
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome, this place is great, but as with everything yu get out of it what you put in (belive me i have recently only just got back on the mfp wagon after a bit of a bad spell, so i'm back to square one)

feel free to add me if you like
  • wilburyT
    wilburyT Posts: 13
    Options
    I have only been here just over a week and I am already finding it a great help .

I am happy to send you a request (if I can work out how)
  • bridgetj22
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I hope we can help each other in the ongoing struggle to get rid of the bad habits we have developed over the years. I'm hoping to replace my comfort food eating with something more productive!!