Losing the baby weight, looking for new mom friends!

Options
Hey there!

I'm about 8 months out from giving birth to my son. I gained a ton of weight during the pregnancy and shed over 30 lbs within 2 weeks of giving birth, only to put back on almost 20 lbs over the past 7 months. I'm basically at my 6 months pregnant weight! Ahh! I think I was able to ignore the weight gain because I've been wearing yoga pants for months. But I went to buy some more work-friendly clothing this weekend and found not only had I gone up 3 sizes, but that my body shape was totally different!

I had a complete lifestyle change when I moved to a rural area, moved back home to a household where junk food covers the counters, and combine that with taking care of baby 24/7. I'm trying to find my motivation again, trying to squeeze in weights and cardio while also eating properly.

Looking for some other friends in a similar situation who will help support me on this journey! Just friend me or leave a note and I'll friend you! :smile:

-Shannon

Replies

• Boofuls
    Boofuls Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello! Not sure if I count as the baby is 18 months :o

I lost a lot of weight breastfeeding and was smaller than when I conceived when baby was about 12 months then in the last 6 months I just went crazy so now trying to lose some.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My baby is 5 months. I gained 45lbs with her and lost it all within 3 weeks of having her. Then I gained 10 back lol still struggling to lose that and then need to lose 75-100lbs after that >_<.

Haha just noticed you added me this morning. :)
  • bscott0114
    bscott0114 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I just had my fourth on the 6th of May so I can't really work out just yet but I am looking for friends to keep me motivated when I start up again
  • UnicornAmandaPanda
    UnicornAmandaPanda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have a 6 year old boy and a soon to be 1 year old girl! Lost 50 lbs before my second pregnancy and haven't lost anything since my pregnancy and im still breastfeeding so yea im ready to get back into my zone!
  • bwendel5210
    bwendel5210 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have an (almost) 11 month old little boy. I gained 40 during pregnancy, lost 20 immediatly when I had him, and then gain 30 while I was on maternity leave. It took forever for my milk to fully come in (due to some really awful advice from nurses, pedi, etc.) so I was eating lactation cookies and oatmeal like crazy. I'm insulin resistant/PCOS so LCHF is great way of eating for me. I lost 20 pounds and 18 inches from all over before getting pregnant. (Pretty sure that was the only reason we were able to get pregnant!) Really looking for motivation and help balancing 8 hours at work, plus a 90 minutes of total commute time, plus time with my little man/dogs/hubs, plus taking care of me!
  • kellysarge
    kellysarge Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. I had twins 3 years ago. I gained about 50lbs with them but lost 40 the day after having them. I have since gained 20 back because I'm a stress eater. I'm looking g to eventually lose 30-40lbs and could also use some support and encouragement
  • jdehart48
    jdehart48 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just had my baby on April 30th. I also have a 4 year old and a 2 year old. I'm breastfeeding right now so I'm trying to learn how to eat and exercise without compromising that. But I'd love some friends! Feel free to add me :)
  • Mommyof3CrazyBoys
    Mommyof3CrazyBoys Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have an 8 month old and lost all my weight at the beginning but slowly found most of it again. I weigh just as much as when I was 6 months pregnant. I am still breastfeeding. I am slowly changing my diet and started exercising yesterday! I need this weight gone.
  • SamanthaLouiseMence
    SamanthaLouiseMence Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, my baby is coming up 1 and I've still got loads of baby weight to shed x
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have an 18 m.o. and also lost a lot of weight last year but gained most of it back after that. Now I am battling it again because I promised myself I will not go back to work come December in this shape. I try to use that as motivational deadline. You are most welcomed to add me!
  • blb_86
    blb_86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. My little one is almost 20 months. Gained about 40lbs. Have a goal of 60lbs and am down 38 since February.
  • KayDestruct
    KayDestruct Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can add me :) I'm a mother of 3 currently working on getting back to the old me after I lost myself in my family. You can do it! Balance, and motivation! ;)
  • remembertheharddrive
    remembertheharddrive Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I've added everyone so far! I'm relieved to hear other women are struggling just as much with the weight as I am!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Hi! My little guy is 9 months. I've lost the baby weight +15 (50 pounds total). Still have 20ish to go. Feel free to add me!
  • k_l_c_2008
    k_l_c_2008 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! Thanks to gestational diabetes and constant nausea, 3 weeks post pardoum I was 70 pounds lighter then when I conceived! 14 months later I've gained it all back. :(
    Trying to drop that weight again, need all the support I can get.
  • katieflaniken2017
    katieflaniken2017 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I added you! Anyone else is welcome to add me as well. I have a 16 month old daughter and a 4 month old son. I lost all of the weight before getting pregnant with my son, so now I'm working on that again.
  • chevysmommy41
    chevysmommy41 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I gained 85lbs with my pregnancy.... Yes 85lbs!!!!! I was on bedrest for 6 months and ended up in preterm labor with my little one. She's 6 months now and I've only lost about 30lbs... I have a long way to go still
  • Scorpio8402
    Scorpio8402 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me too! I have a 13 month old and a 2 month old. Have lost 50 and looking to lose about 60 more to get to my goal weight!