P90X plus some?

Options
I'm about at the end of my second month of P90x one more month to go and I'll have finished my first round. I'm getting a new food scale in the mail and I know that pretty much all of it should be my diet. I've tried to eat the best that I can but I'm not seeing great results. :/ Should I be adding more to my routines like running on my days off? Or more at home stuff too along with the p90x? I'm vegetarian and I try to get as much protein as I can from eggs and fish and stuff.

I cant wait to get my new food scale and start being more accurate again. That part is my fault 100%. But has anyone else ever added stuff into their routine on top of the p90x?

Replies

• MWGemini
    MWGemini Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm only one week into my P90X program, but I did Insanity just before that. With both programs, I'm adding in steady-state cardio (long-distance running), but that's mostly because I enjoy it, not for weight control. I would say how you modify the program and your diet depends on what your goals are and what kinds of results you've been seeing.
  • sadsongkrysy
    sadsongkrysy Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 73! Started out just doing the workouts, now I'm taking 30-60min walks almost everyday, sometimes we implement jogging, like running sprints up and down the driveway on yoga x day or rest day. How much weight have you lost? Are you happy with your results? I've lost close to 14lbs now, probably would've lost more if I'd been calorie counting from the get go. What size weights are you using? I'm up to 20lb on almost all arm/back exercises but I have to use a band for pull ups as our ceilings can't support a pull up bar (older mobile home lol) hope you succeed!
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    P90x is already an intense program, but when I was in my best shape I started adding insanity workouts in place of plyo and kenpo (insanity is tougher cardio) and running once a week. But I didn't have time for much more as they are long workouts. Did you try increasing weights?