Diet pills/slimming tea

Options
So I was in a health food shop the other day and saw some slimming tea. It claims to aid weight loss by helping to flush out toxins. My weight loss is going stupidly slow and I am thinking or getting some-or some diet tablets to help me. Do they work? Are they safe? I don't plan on buying them online or anything but I was going to go down to my local drugstore and have a look...

ANYTHING that can help would be great!!!

Thanks

Replies

• ai965
    ai965 Posts: 118
    Options
    A toxin cleanse might help you lose a couple pounds, max. I wouldn't waste too much money on it.
  • TiyamaMaria25
    Options
    I have used green tea pill before i heard they are similar to the slimming tea and they work really good plus it was healthy and not have all this added stuff like most diet pills. Also you get all your vitamins and B12 out of the one pill instead of taking all these different pills for energy and weight lost. My vitamin intake was so bad that i was not even healthy enough to carry a baby and I started to eat good and was talking these pills that I got pregnant 2 1/2 months later. Not to scare you like your going to get prego but just to show how safe and helpful they are and that they do target and strengthen your levels up.

>> Nd it really cheap it like 4 bucks a bottle at wal mart>>
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, I don't think they would work - although have not tried them so am a big believer in "don't knock it till you've tried it" ...I've just always been too scared of wasting my money on something I could do with some effort and determination myself!

I have used the Maxitone Sculptress Capsules though ....which are kind of a weight loss supplement/vitamin supplement in one. They don't work if you don't put the effort in - but I did find on weeks when I used them and worked hard - I would loose more than the weeks when I didn't use them and worked hard...so there must be something golden in them!

They're also not that expensive, by a reputable company and easy to get hold of. (Although do burn and taste foul if you do not drink LOTS of water...you have been warned!! :laugh: )
  • SlowlyLosingLolita
    SlowlyLosingLolita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    There's a slimming tea you can get at most Asian markets called Three Ballerinas.
    I don't know about slimming per say, but I can say it's the best and gentlest laxative I've ever used lol.
  • hstallings13
    hstallings13 Posts: 306
    Options
    I would discuss with dr before trying anything. Always better to check with them before you try anything in my opipion
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    just buy normal green tea, it's been proven to gently aid weightloss plus it's got loads of other health benefits. I drink a few cups a day & it really seems to have helped keep my body burning. I am always skeptical of diet pills they seem very expensive for not a lot. If you look in the 'natural' ones they have ingredients like caffiene, cayene pepper, citrus bioflavinoids as far as i'm concerned i can get all of these things in my diet.
    What has really helped me shift my plateau of 5 weeks was to spend a week eating clean, lots of fruit/veg, lean protien and low carb,nothing processed kinda like a detox. Now that the scales have started moving again i'm gonna assess my food & see where i can make some improvements.
    Good luck with the weight loss i hope you find something that works for you x
  • Zakth
    Zakth Posts: 37
    Options
    There are many supplements on the market which promise to flush out toxins but before trying them I would consider the natural things you can eat/drink which also do that. Almost anything which is high in fiber can help clean out your body, and that's one of the main things these "slimming teas" do. It's somewhat like a "natural" laxative. Try boosting your fiber by eating things like cucumbers, corn and apples (with peel-on). I have heard that a class of lemon juice and teaspoon of cyan pepper is suppose to "detoxify" but I have never tried it myself.
  • yellowpear
    yellowpear Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have never used slimming tea. But a word of caution... recently it was shown in the news that a certain asian brand of slimming tea (sorry.. can't recollect the name) was found to contain harmful substances.
    You could opt for green tea which is safer, isn't it?
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    If they really did work....there wouldn't be overweight people.

They don't work....just companies trying to get your money.
  • brknllama
    brknllama Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've tried diet pills and i've lost weight (and haven't gained it back which most people say you do) I believe as long you follow a dietary plan and excercise you should be able to lose weight on diet pills (but i only used them to jump start my weight lost

I am thinking about trying the slim tea though...