Is there a way to search for specific foods that will help me round out my daily macro goal?

Options
Usually around 5p, I check how I'm doing against my daily macro goal (carbs/protein/fats). Many times I'll see the percentages will be off from my goal percentages, with calories still in my "budget". So for example, on a given day, I'll see that I'm at carbs=44% (goal is 50%), fat=25% (goal is 30%), and protein=31% (goal is 20%) - with calories remaining in my "budget". So I struggle to then find a food or small meal that I can consume to correct the imbalance. I end up making guesses by scanning foods I have on hand, then checking to see what it does to my macro percentages.

Is there a way, in My Fitness Pal, to search for foods based on my current macro levels versus my goal macro levels?

Replies

• V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    nutritiondata.com is a good reference
    I mostly use it just for picking out foods based on efficiency for reaching micronutrient goals
    The site doesn't omit certain nutrients (i.e. K+/potassium) like MFP does & has more in depth breakdowns of fat types, carbohydrate content/glycemic index, & amino acid composition

I wouldn't buy into the whole "this food is good..." or "this food is bad..." suggestions though.
    On the plus side, they have USDA/agricultural products which helps greatly with estimation
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Macros are not really supposed to match up exactly each day. Pay attention to calories. Also pay attention to protein. Going over on protein and fat is o.k.

The carbs can be low or high -- doesn't matter with carbs unless you have some very specific goals.