Vegan Coffee Creamers W/O Soy

Options
I am considering transitioning to a vegan diet, i bave been vegan before and am currently a pescetarian. I have a soy allergy, and i am wondering what coffee creamers are available to me. I currently use international delights, but they contain dairy products. I have tried SO Delicious Coconut Creamer when i was formerly vegan. However, ever since they removed the carageenan and other crap from their products i do not like it. I have to use like 3 tablesooons for 1 cup of coffee just to make it coffee creamery. Usually i use 1....

So my question is are there any other products i can try? I have done almond and caahew milk, but it was terribly boring.

Thank you!

Replies

• Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    canned coconut milk is super creamy. I drink my coffee with about an ounce of full fat coconut milk and a sprinkle of cinnamon. If you need it sweeter, you could use flavored syrups or add a sugar of your choice?
  • mayafish27
    mayafish27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you have a Trader Joes they sell a good coconut creamer.
  • __leis__
    __leis__ Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I puree dates with water, add coconut milk and vanilla. You can add cocoa powder if you like a mocha flavor or any extract you want. It lasts a few days in the fridge, and takes less than two minutes to mix up. I use an immersion blender since it easy to clean.
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Do you live near a Trader Joe's? I believe they have a coconut coffee creamer. I've never tried it (not a fan of coconut) so I don't know how good it is.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    You can very easily make your own. Here's one recipe I really like: ohsheglows.com/2014/06/24/coffee-shop-worthy-caramel-vanilla-bean-hazelnut-milk/
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Califa makes some AMAZING almond milk creamers. The vanilla one is my downfall. I go through a carton of it waaayy too fast. Their hazelnut one is pretty good, too, but I'm a sucker for vanilla.

SO Delicious also makes the culinary-ready coconut milk in the little tetra pack cartons. I've found that the original one makes a pretty good unsweetened creamer. Native Forest also makes a good powdered coconut milk that works well when mixed with a little sugar as a powdered creamer.
  • Gotchocolate
    Gotchocolate Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Agree with the Califia Almond milk creamer in vanilla recomendation! You have to shake it up really good but then it gives it almost a latte like frothiness in your coffee!
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I love the So Delicious light culinary coconut milk. It's creamy and good.
  • squirrelyeao
    squirrelyeao Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've tried the so delicious ones and found them a little meh. The Califia one are much better but I actually prefer just putting their almond milk in as creamer.
    My favorite thing to put in my coffee is by Orgain and it's their vanilla almond milk + protein. It's basically just almond milk with added protein and vanilla but it's absolutely amazing !! It's so creamy and delicious and it's my favorite thing to out in coffee and I've tried a lot of different things. You can buy it at the vitamin shoppe or at whole foods or online :)
  • namrevil
    namrevil Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Califia for the win. The caramel one is my favorite. Right now I'm just using silk cashew milk and it's not terrible. During a very adventurous time I made my own cashew milk with dates and vanilla, but I couldn't figure out how to log it, so I stopped. Good luck!
  • scoii
    scoii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Could you not try some better quality coffee and remove the need for a creamer? I find theres a big difference by spending a bit more per jar. Or give Turkish style a try.
  • ttennheat
    ttennheat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cocnut creamer (plain) from Trader Joe's is the only thing I've liked other than a dairy product. I made the mistake of buying a flavored coconut creamer (plain was not available) and did not enjoy it at all.
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Califa makes some AMAZING almond milk creamers. The vanilla one is my downfall. I go through a carton of it waaayy too fast. Their hazelnut one is pretty good, too, but I'm a sucker for vanilla.

THIS! I'm not vegan or even vegetarian, and I use Calafia farms hazelnut coconut creamer. It's amazing!

• blwasson73
    blwasson73 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Califia Farms is great and there's also some new ones on the market called Nut Pods (the brand escapes me) that are a blend of almond and coconut milk. Those are my favorite right now (have tried original and hazelnut flavors so far).
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Agree with the Califia Almond milk creamer in vanilla recomendation! You have to shake it up really good but then it gives it almost a latte like frothiness in your coffee!

Seconded. Califia creamer is amazing, my favorite is the pecan-caramel.
  • nutpods
    nutpods Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    nutpods is vegan, dairy-free, unsweetened. Closest thing to real creamer!
  • kingrat2014
    kingrat2014 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I like Onnit's emulsified MCT oil coconut for my coffee creamer.
  • seekingbetterme
    seekingbetterme Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love Califia Farms vanilla and pecan caramel almond milk creamers. When I can't make it to whole foods to buy it, I usually buy the Silk Caramel Almond milk creamer from my grocery store.
  • stupid_in_the_street
    stupid_in_the_street Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I havent seen califia farms creamers in store. I have discovered silk's almond creamers and those have become my preference. The taste is fairly similar to international delights. I took 1tbs of the ID creamers and i need 2 of the silk to make my coffee taste right. It does not turn your coffee light unless you pour the whole bottle in so it is hard to eye it. Just thought i would update in vase anyone else is looking
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegan. I drink my hot coffee black, and iced coffee with unsweetened almond milk. It's creamy and tastes delicious.