Low calorie filling breakfasts?

Options
emz_1993
emz_1993 Posts: 96 Member
These days I usually just have PB&J on toast but I'm sure there are much better options

Replies

• Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    How do you define "low calorie"?
  • ksilletti246
    ksilletti246 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Egg whites with low fat cheese or organic high protein oatmeal with Greek yogurt. Theyre both about 230 calories a meal if you measure out the egg whites
  • saires_au
    saires_au Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    This week I've had
    Sweet and creamy Greek yoghurt 105g, 11g oats and strawberries 65g is 200cal

1 large piece of grain toast and 30g avocado and 2 soft boiled eggs for 329 calories

Cinnamon and apple porridge with skim milk and a small cored unpeeled Apple for 223 cal

• lmbecker12
    lmbecker12 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love egg white omelets with vegetables (vary which ones). You can have equiv to a 4 egg omelet with veggies for under 200 calories.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Crustless quiche!

Cook 4 slices of chopped center cut bacon until crispy, remove and keep the bacon fat. Add your veggies and cook until soft. A lot of veggies - I add around 8-10oz of veggies depending on what mixture I want. Remove from heat. Beat 4 eggs, 4 egg whites (or 3/4 cup liquid egg whites), 1/4 cup skim milk and salt and pepper. Add all of your veggies, egg mixture, and bacon to a parchment lined cake pan, add raw tomatoes and/or scallion and bake at 400 for about 20 mins (sometimes a little over) until set.

Some variations I tend to do are:
    bacon, mushroom, kale, scallion, tomato
    bacon, cabbage, scallion
    bacon, spinach, tomato (BLT)
    apple chicken sausage, spinach, and scallion

Depending on the variation, they're about 130-150 calories per 1/4 of the pan. The ones below are cabbage/bacon/scallion and BLT

mi1pvut5wq26.jpg
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Most days I do oatmeal with blackberries and a hard boiled egg. It satisfies.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    For me it's 4 hard boiled eggs and a bowl of strawberries. Under 400 calories...
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    PB is quite high calorie for the volume. So is bread IMO.

I like to make omelettes using mostly egg whites with a tonne of onion, peppers & mushrooms to bulk it out.
  • andrewbadera
    andrewbadera Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal + cottage cheese + fish oil. Fiber and oil keep you full, lots of long-burning protein and complex carbs.

Whole wheat toast + peanut butter.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Half serving of oatmeal with frozen berries and protein powder

Cottage cheese with tomatoes, onion, bell peppers, garlic, and cucumber

1 whole egg, 2-3 egg whites, and all the veggies you want

Greek yogurt with 1/2 oz almonds and protein powder

Coffee with protein powder, two pieces of bacon

Chicken breast with guacamole

Sauteed cabbage with canned or smoked salmon and a couple egg whites

The possibilities are endless. You don't have to restrict yourself to typical "breakfast foods" for your first meal of the day.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    2 eggs and 150g of refried beans.
    Steel cut oats with 20g of nut butter.

I think those are the only ones that typically fill me up longer than 3 hours for less than 300 calories.
  • exact0ninja
    exact0ninja Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Low calorie for me is minimum 250 (anything lower and I feel horrible). The least I will eat is 2 pieces of wheat bread with 2-4 tablespoons of PB2 chocolate peanut butter.

Grits are good and you can mix them with chicken broth and have a piece of toast. They digest slower so they keep you fuller longer.

If I am pressed for time, I will add some strawberries, blueberries, and milk with a bit of protein powder into the blender.