Whole milk or almond milk????

Options
ivetteu87
ivetteu87 Posts: 10 Member
I'm trying to decide to make the switch from cow's milk to almonds milk. Help!

Replies

• kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I think it's what you enjoy. Just make sure you log. I think I'm the only person who doesn't like almond milk, but I don't really like milk a whole lot either.
  • caammph
    caammph Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to switch?
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Its all based on what you like best and what fits in your calories. I prefer milk over almond milk for taste and the protein content.
    This! I don't like milk and I'm trying to limit my consumption of animal products, so I prefer almond milk to dairy. Is one better than the other? That depends on your goals.

• lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I like almond milk more. Bit of lactose intolerant so it helps with that. They also have different kinds, with coconut and other such things.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    No in-between? Like 2%? I've tried a few kinds of almond milk that My sister buys and I couldn't like any of them. I tried.
  • beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It depends on what your needs are. If you're going for weight gain for muscle than whole milk is your best bet. If you're just trying to get micro nutrients then almond milk will help with that. Not much macro nutrients in almond milk. I prefer hemp milk over almond milk.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Neither is "better" than the other. Drink what you like, with the understanding that almond milk (which I drink) is much more expensive.
  • get8fit
    get8fit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I buy both prefer almond milk in my cereal or oatmeal and whole milk in my tea or coffee.
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Made the move to Almond Milk a long time ago. Lactose, pasturization, and other factors just had me switching (Paleo).

It is best to make your own if you can because many of the ones in the cartons are packed with fillers.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Milk does a body good.. It is one of the best things nutritionally and balanced you can consume. I use it in cereal, and ooh yeah nothing like cookies and milk.. Or just a good old 8 ounce glass of real chocolate milk.

I only use unsweetened cashew milk in my protein shakes (only) for some creaminess with not much added calories at this time I consume the shake.

But if you want to eliminate cow's milk. Nothing wrong with that. Personal preference for taste and how you want to use it for calories.
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have been on the fence about this one too. I like almond milk when I'm making a sweeter fruit smoothie. If you would like the same consistency with not so much of the "sweet" of the almond milk, I would suggest trying Rice Milk. It's similar to skim milk without the dairy :smile:
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I only drink almond milk in my cereal, and that's only because it has less calories than regular milk and my cereal has enough calories on its own (especially since I only eat sugary cereal :)). I do not like the taste of almond milk on its own. Other than for cereal I drink skim milk.
  • jnpaul3
    jnpaul3 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love the unsweetened almond/coconut milk. When I'm in a hurry its my go to breakfast mixed with 2 scoops of EAS protein powder.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try almond milk and see if you like it. You also might have a different preference depending on what you're using the milk for. For example: I will drink cows milk, or use it to dunk cookies in. I will use cashew milk in cereal because I like how thick and creamy it is without a bunch of calories (so I can have more cereal!), and I put unsweetened almond milk in my smoothies to bring the calorie content down but still keep the creaminess that I wouldn't have with water.
  • ChristopherLimoges
    ChristopherLimoges Posts: 298 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Clean and Raw Grass Fed Milk or Almond Milk.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Its entirely your choice based on preference and other ethical or moral positions you may have regarding the treatment of animals and almonds, and their impact on the environment!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I prefer almond milk but I never really liked the taste of cow milk and I only use it on cereal.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I use regular whole milk. I use it mainly in cooking and on cereal occasionally.
    Why do you want to switch? Have you ever tried almond milk?