30DS vs.Insanity

Options
My weight loss has plateau haven't loss any lbs in 5 weeks. I want to jump start my weight loss for July. Trying to decide between 30DS and Insanity. A little intimidated by both. Can anyone help me decide?

Replies

• deesjourney2fit
    Options
    30 Day Shred is fun, Insanity is described by the name. haha! It's crazy intense. Only change one thing at a time so you know what caused your weight loss to stop! Good luck!
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Im currently doing the 30DS! I love it. Im in level 2 right now. You drip sweat, your muscles burn but its fun! Its like you start and when you feel like you are absolutely going to die, its over! Completely worth it. Give it a shot!!!
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Without knowing anything about the 30 Day Shred, there is no harder more challenging cardio program than Insanity, ok maybe Insanity: The Asulum, but you get the point.

Tim
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I haven't done either of them, but from what I've heard from my friends here who use it, it seems like Insanity has been giving them better results.
  • marsts
    marsts Posts: 85
    Options
    My weight loss has plateau haven't loss any lbs in 5 weeks. I want to jump start my weight loss for July. Trying to decide between 30DS and Insanity. A little intimidated by both. Can anyone help me decide?

i own 30ds and love it, but dont be fooled! as far as "weight loss" goes you may only lose a couple pounds. most people do the 30ds with some extra cardio -running, elliptical, etc- to see some extra loss in pounds... but if you read people reviews on the shred, they mainly all say they barely lost anything - but lost quite a bit in inches. youll be gaining muscle, which wont make the scale go down. so my advice is to measure yourself and see how many inches you lose, over how many pounds you lose!
  • soifua
    soifua Posts: 82
    Options
    having tried both (just tried insanity out yesterday), I'd do 30ds before I did Insanity, Insanity is crazy (especially since some of those on the video are having a hard time too) ... BUT if you want results and high intensity Insanity is it
  • Scarletblue
    Scarletblue Posts: 255
    Options
    I just started the 30 day shred 3 days ago and I am so sore, It is only 20 mins and Bullriderswife is right the second you think you can't force yourself to go on it is over. So far I am liking it.
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 707
    Options
    You may also want to consider cost. 30DS is $10 for the DVD....Insanity is $130. I have done both and had to stop insanity because it was a killer on my knee's, colossal waste of money for me. I hope to be able to do it in the future, but just beware if you have knee issues, probably not for you. However I do agree with others on 30S, you will have to add some cardio in with it to get an extra special burn, but you will see results…..Good luck!!!
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    How fit are you? Insanity needs a good level of fitness right from the start and you have to be committed to complete it as it will test you.

Knee, back and ankle problems are common if you are a lot over weight (like I am), have previous injuries/problems in that area, or have poor form. Positioning on knees and feet is crucial with all that jumping and squats.
  • karenodonut
    karenodonut Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am starting 30DS tomorrow!
    Quite looking forward to it in a bizarre kind of way...hoping to kickstart a bit more weight loss before my birthday in August
    xx
  • LadyByrd77
    LadyByrd77 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanx everyone I'm currently doing Zumba so I'll go with 30DS and eventually work my way to Insanity. Just need to get this weight loss going again. My goal is to lose 20 lbs by 9-30-11.