Measure your body inches!

Options
I am pretty upset at myself for not taking any measurements a month ago when I (re)started. In the last month I've lost 6-8 lbs give or take, and although I feel like it's not much, I feel so much lighter, tighter, and smaller! I wish I would have measured myself. I just want people starting out to please take measurements. I still have way more to lose (I'm 5'2, 168 lbs), so I will be doing my measurements from now on!

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    At least now you know to take measurements and will see your progress in both scale weight and inch loss :smile:
  • lmejia1289
    lmejia1289 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes! I never realized how important it is! I feel like I have a waist now!
  • ValkyrieLula
    ValkyrieLula Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I should have taken measurements. But I did take photos day 1 and plan to take them every 3ish weeks (Insanity fit test days). I plan to take measurements when I do my second set of photos.
  • lmejia1289
    Options
    I didn't take my "before" photos until 1-2 weeks into it and I regret that too! Haha learning process
  • clonesjer
    clonesjer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I wish I had initial measurements too, about 30 lbs down I joined a gym and got some, but I feel like I missed the first drop lol. I do have my belt though - down 6 notches and I had to punch a 7th one this morning to cinch it tight enough to keep my pants on. I really need a new belt, but I'm keeping this old one as a souvenir :)
  • cmarangi
    cmarangi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm kicking myself for not taking measurements. I am staying at the same weight, but I know I'm getting smaller and more fit. Less stuff jiggles and my clothes are fitting more loose. Not sure if it's worth taking them now, but I might.
  • lmejia1289
    Options
    Exactly! Congrats to you guys! Wow 30 lbs down would be my ultimate goal!!
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Measurements are a good way of reassuring yourself that you're losing fat and shrinking. The scale can sometimes show this as well, but there are a lot of other variables when you weigh yourself that can hide that loss. And then you feel upset because you think you haven't lost anything.