Diet Soda UGGGGG

Options
Diet soda is killing me. I feel so bloated and I know it is the diet soda cause it is filled with sodium. But I cannot get away from it, I dring 3-4 a day and I am not hitting my water in take. It is so hard for me to make this change anyone got some advice that has been threw or going threw the same thing

Replies

• thennig
    thennig Posts: 16
    Options
    Diet soda is killing me. I feel so bloated and I know it is the diet soda cause it is filled with sodium. But I cannot get away from it, I dring 3-4 a day and I am not hitting my water in take. It is so hard for me to make this change anyone got some advice that has been threw or going threw the same thing
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I love me some Diet Dr Pepper. I have stopped consuming it all together now within a week. Wean yourself. You say you drink 3-4? At first, cut down to 2 or 3. One for lunch and dinner and maybe an evening one. A couple days later, one for just lunch and one for dinner, couple more days, just one for lunch OR dinner... You get the idea. And to help you, ALWAYS keep a bottle of water within reach. When you want a soda, but you know you've had your limit, guzzle that water. (And remember, most bottles are 2 glasses of water, not just one!)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Dont buy it. If it isnt there, you wont be able to drink it. Have your water set up each morning. Add some lemon or lime, put it over ice, add a straw...anything to make it more appealing.

The body NEEDS water and once you have given it what it requires for a few days, it will ask for more.

Give yourself 3-5 day challenge. I promise you will feel so much better, and proud of your accomplishment!

:flowerforyou: Signed a Former Diet Pepsiholic!
  • jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Try drinking clubsoda or sparkling water instead. I like Talking Rain sparkling water.
  • jodazary
    jodazary Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I can so understand what you are going thru i am a diet dr pepper fanatic i have to have one in the mornings believe me you dont wanna be around me if i dont have my caffine and i cant stand the taste of coffee but i have managed to cut down to only 2 a day i refuse to give it completly but for me to be down to 2 is quite a feat as i was drinking about 6 a day lol but i hate the taste of water even flavored water tasty yuck to me but im trying good luck
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    When I was weaning myself I would drink a cup of water before I let myself have the soda. After a while, you're so full of water, you don't want the soda.
    One day after a couple weeks we ran out of water at work, and our tap water is nasty. So I got a Pepsi. It was so nasty, way too sweet, I sipped on it all day.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I agree with the not buying it. Also, maybe adding some kind of flavoring to your water will help or getting flavored seltzer water to get you into the spirit of more water intake. I abhorred, detested, loathed, hated (did not like very much) drinking water at all. But gradually I have found that I actually crave it when I'm home. I treat myself to a diet soda when we go out to dinner or at someone else's house, and stick with the water at home.
  • bootsnspurs4horses
    Options
    Drink WATER with EVERY meal. . . it's a great habit to get into. An occasional Diet Coke is okay. But I have found myself RARELY drinking diet ANYTHING. And I was drinking 4 or 5 a day too. If only losing weight was as easy as giving up that nasty stuff ! I drink Diet Coke when I can sit and drink just diet coke. Don't mix the taste of it with a meal. . just the diet coke. Honestly, I thought I WOULD never give up my diet coke. . but now I NEVER miss it ! Good Luck !
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    read the book "you are what you eat" by Gillian McKeith. It would turn you off all the bad stuff quickly!

Sometimes water does get tedious but then you need to flavour it. Try herbal teas ... it all counts towards your water
  • eulila
    eulila Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Try Diet Rite- It has no sodium. I love the diet cherry cola!