Fruit and natural sugars

Options
Hi, question to any nutritional experts out there. I love fruit, case in point, I ate a punnet of grapes for breakfast this morning! MFP gives a warning about the sugars I'm consuming. While for a breakfast this was around 300 calories, should I be worried about too much sugar? For info I don't consume any other sugar other than what is naturally in food (I.e no sugary drunks, sweets etc.)
Grateful for your thought's

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Unless you have some particular sensitivity (such as diabetes or other) to sugar, no.
  • ralostaz2000
    ralostaz2000 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    No...No harm at all...

I'm in 1200 calories aday...and I am only concerned about being at this goal or slightly lower, in many circumstances the message appear about sugars but I neglect it ...because I eat lots of dates throughout the day, and dates are full of sugars..but natural sugar .Na dmy weight loss is not interrupted at all...untill now hopefully
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    The only harm done is if you eat enough fruit to exceed your calorie goal each day, or eat fruit to the exclusion of of other nutritional needs like protein.

Balance is important.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Yep--if you are getting enough protein and fat and within your calories, doesn't matter.

Just fruit for breakfast wouldn't work for me, but if it does for you, go for it!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    The only harm done is if you eat enough fruit to exceed your calorie goal each day, or eat fruit to the exclusion of of other nutritional needs like protein.

Balance is important.

+1
  • shawnkturner
    shawnkturner Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Good to have it confirmed so I'll continue to ignore the notifications. I get enough protein through either meat or diet whey (only on the days I'm working away) it was just the natural sugars that I'm querying as that's what I seem to be over quite regularly.

Cheers! Shawn
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Good to have it confirmed so I'll continue to ignore the notifications. I get enough protein through either meat or diet whey (only on the days I'm working away) it was just the natural sugars that I'm querying as that's what I seem to be over quite regularly.

Cheers! Shawn

I replaced tracking sugar here with tracking fibre, instead. Since I track carbs anyway and I have no medical reason for specifically limiting sugar, it was a bit redundant.