Alone

Options
ish_17
ish_17 Posts: 1 Member
Being away from friends is hard. Not knowing anyone here in NC in the coast so much to do but I am horrible at making friends so I became so lazy and fat :( I want to go biking, hiking, walking and getting lost I like the outdoors... Any advice on this.

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you know what you want. Now it's just a matter of going to do it!
  • Devol82
    Devol82 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Maybe look around for some "meet up groups" in the area. They typically have wine/beer tasting, hiking, walking, etc. You can search for them thru social media, local gyms, and the library to name a few.
  • ChxSurf782
    ChxSurf782 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Join a group. Go to your local outdoors outfitter and see if they have volunteer opportunities and make friends with fellow volunteers. Go to church (many military areas have special meetups for other transient military members). Common interests are an easy way to make friends, you've just gotta put yourself out there!
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    North Carolina chapter of the Sierra Club. Click on Outings. The Sierra Club is not just about conservation, it does many awesome hikes, camping trips, lodge trips, etc. I met my husband when he came on a Sierra Club backpack I was leading.
  • ChxSurf782
    ChxSurf782 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    go on a hike and when you see a girl who's alone follow her

^^ :D

Surefire way to make friends. In jail.

• JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options

We love that
  • rjbrown434
    rjbrown434 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Find Facebook groups that meet up to go hiking/kayaking ect. I was in the same boat in the Navy when I was stationed in FL. I got to know my neighbors and go to a local gym.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »

Funny thing that sorta thing just happened in the Appalachia mountain some 50 something dude raped and tied this 60 something hiker on a tree naked and left her for dead

Pretty sick sense of humor you got there, partner.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If as your photo suggests you are a Marine, loneliness is merely a minor obstacle to overcome.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Go to the meetup website, look for group around your interest. Go to events and meet people
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    meetup.com

And I loooooove the NC coast. Our family has a beach house on Topsail Island. Best of times.
  • smilingmarie09
    smilingmarie09 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Chill
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    Chill

Best advice of the day.