clean eaters?

Options
I just adopted this lifestyle, autoimmune pakeo, actually, and I'm looking for others in similar places in their journeys. Please, feel free to add me!

Replies

• HideNGeek
    HideNGeek Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I try and stick to a clean diet more often than not, sometimes I find it's not always possible but I don't beat myself up over it if and when I have an off day. Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    This sounds like an amazing way to restrict yourself and set yourself up for failure. What is your reasoning for this?
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This sounds like an amazing way to restrict yourself and set yourself up for failure. What is your reasoning for this?

Granted not all people can stick to something like this, but no need to immediately assume that OP will fail.
    I just adopted this lifestyle, autoimmune pakeo, actually, and I'm looking for others in similar places in their journeys. Please, feel free to add me!

Good for you (OP) for trying, if that's what you want to do. I hope you prove @trigden1991 wrong and good luck with this.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Yay @Fr33sia12! So happy to see someone have someone else's back on here regarding their *personal* and safe choice of method for losing weight and getting healthy!

@BoomstickChik, my best piece of advice (other than ignore the haters) is to try new things. If you see a new fruit or veggie you haven't tried before or a new recipe that sounds good, give it a shot. Also, keep it simple, especially at first. There's absolutely nothing wrong with eating the same breakfast every day or having a rotating menu. Along those lines, meals don't have to be fancy or complicated. A piece of protein with a veggie and a salad on the side is a simple meal that is easy to build. For lunches, make a "sandwich" in a bowl. I regularly eat tuna salad with a fork instead of with bread. When I make Mexican food for the kids, I skip the tortillas/shells and pile my meat, salsa, and homemade guacamole, on a big bed of lettuce.

PS leftovers! Doesn't get any easier than that!
  • BoomstickChik
    BoomstickChik Posts: 149 Member
    Options

Because you care so much, right?

Think here. If it's an AUTOIMMUNE paleo diet... what may my reasons be? Hmm. Maybe multiple autoimmune diseases?

Failure, not so much.

When you change your eating habits for your health, you're not setting up for failure.

I feel better in these past two weeks than i have my entire adult life and weight loss picked back up again.
  • BoomstickChik
    BoomstickChik Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    cecsav1 wrote: »
    Yay @Fr33sia12! So happy to see someone have someone else's back on here regarding their *personal* and safe choice of method for losing weight and getting healthy!

@BoomstickChik, my best piece of advice (other than ignore the haters) is to try new things. If you see a new fruit or veggie you haven't tried before or a new recipe that sounds good, give it a shot. Also, keep it simple, especially at first. There's absolutely nothing wrong with eating the same breakfast every day or having a rotating menu. Along those lines, meals don't have to be fancy or complicated. A piece of protein with a veggie and a salad on the side is a simple meal that is easy to build. For lunches, make a "sandwich" in a bowl. I regularly eat tuna salad with a fork instead of with bread. When I make Mexican food for the kids, I skip the tortillas/shells and pile my meat, salsa, and homemade guacamole, on a big bed of lettuce.

PS leftovers! Doesn't get any easier than that!

@cecsav1

I've been gluten free for over a year because of celiac disease, so I've already followed near paleo.

Lettuce becomes a best friend over breads and wraps :)

Rude people don't bother me. AIP is extremely healthy. Yes, its limited, but food has become about healing myself and getting healthier. Food is for nourishment, not enjoyment. This mindset has truly been helpful.