Whole 30

Options
mimiwidup
mimiwidup Posts: 12 Member
Has anybody done the whole 30 plan? I'm starting it on Sunday and would love some recipe ideas!

Replies

• maryannlozano
    maryannlozano Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've done it twice - if you have the book there are good recipes in it. One of my standards, though, is spaghetti squash with a sauce made with Victoria pasta sauce. I've gotten it at Walmart and at Costco - it doesn't have any added sugar or other additives and it tastes better than any I've had. I usually mix some lean ground beef and/or turkey in, with some Italian spices. The steak with chimichurri sauce is really good too.
  • jpena412
    jpena412 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've done the Whole 30. It's a good program to learn what you should/ shouldn't focus on for foods and also an opportunity to learn what your body reacts to. i highly recommend meal planning! Here are a few staples that helped me along the way:

Chia pudding- 2/3 cup chia seeds, 1 can full fat coconut milk, 1 can coconut water. Mix let sit over night and it's 5 days worth of meals.

Cook some sweet potatoes at the beginning of the week (or whenever) and keep in fridge for several days as a go- to breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack.

Sweet potato hash- dice 2 sweet potatoes, add coconut oil to a pan, dump in potatoes and cook until almost soft. Then add ground turkey to the potatoes and crumble. Add whatever spices you like. I would eat for breakfast with eggs.

Grill hambugers, then wrap in a lettuce leaf and top w/ avocado, tomato, onions, etc

Lots of nuts. I would add it to the side of any meal just to get in the additional "healthy" fats.

Good luck!
  • Lmcurun
    Lmcurun Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started on May 24th. I haven't done a lot of "recipes" per say. Just keeping it simple, seasoning things with coconut oil, salt, pepper, garlic. I eat a lot of sweet potatoes. Sometimes two per day. Feel free to add!
  • mimiwidup
    mimiwidup Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awwww thank you very much for your help!
  • jajaberg
    jajaberg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I made these on Saturday and have leftovers for breakfast or lunches. They are delicious. I used Ghee for the oil and Almond Milk (check the ingredients carefully) instead of the coconut milk. My friend said that using the coconut oil, milk and flour were to 'coconutty' for her to have with eggs but if you love coconut then feel free. I also added red peppers because I did not want tomato on all of them.
    http://nomnompaleo.com/post/7486819479/prosciutto-wrapped-mini-frittata-muffins