Best Running App? Help!

Options
palau_sam
palau_sam Posts: 10 Member
I am a beginner and I had to delete an app due to the app not communicating when my phone went into sleep mode. I constantly had to unlock my phone to view my next steps. So frustrating. HELP in Houston.

Replies

• jbconnelly
    jbconnelly Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Map my run works good for me. It sync's with MFP and also links up with iTunes so you can listen to your music without toggling between apps.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I use Runtastic. Seems to be good.
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    MapMyRun is pretty good, and you can track all sorts of exercises on it, not just running. Also, you mentioned being a beginner so you may also want to consider C25K, I hear it's pretty good new runners.
  • merlosc33
    merlosc33 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My run It's great app or try spring training
  • pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I use the MoovNow App, but sometimes have MapMyRun running in the background :) C25K is good for starting off as Tatilove said. It builds you up for longer runs
  • palau_sam
    palau_sam Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ok I will read the reviews on those. Thanks guys that's definitely a starting point for me. This will narrow it down since there seems to be a million running apps to choose from.
  • liza3193
    liza3193 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did not like runstatic but Nike+ is really awesome!
  • RedsknU2
    RedsknU2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Zombies to 5K or Zombies RUN to make runs interesting!
  • wiginn
    wiginn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I use Nike+.
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    Strava
  • mmuizz1
    mmuizz1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper with Spotify
  • merlosc33
    merlosc33 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    5k is a great app
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    Map My Run works for me or Nike+
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Map my run is good for remembering your trails and calculating distance. Zombies run is a fun one. For beginners, I liked 5K runner and 10K runner better than couch to 5K. The 10k runner app is basically 8 weeks that is exactly like the 5k app, plus another 6 weeks to get you to 10k. So if you get that one you could always stop at 8 weeks until you're ready to try for a 10k.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Couch to 5 K....great site, and they have treadmill versions and 10K to keep you going