At it again!

Options
amammaa4
amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
I joined years ago and lost weight and put it back on. I've done this a few times. I've done this my whole adult life. I am now at my heaviest weight and often cry and ask myslef, how did I let myself get here. I try and find friends to be my support team, but they never stick with it either. So I've been looking for something to motivate me. I'm happy to say, I have found it! I just returned home last night from seeing my son, who is in the Navy, off for deployment. That was and is the hardest thing I've ever done. I cried all of yesterday. Today I thought of everything he has given up. Seeing his family and friends and just everything! The chip aisle in the store is my drug. So I have decided while my son is deployed, which is a scheduled 7 month deployment, I will not ship or eat anything g from that aisle. This will be hard, but I will do it for him, and for me!

Replies

• RobertCotton
    RobertCotton Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you can do it. I am in the same boat. I lost 110lbs about 6 years ago and now have put it all back on plus about 17lbs. I started losing again about 3 months ago and have lost 22lbs since. My motivation is that I am getting close to the age that my father was diagnosed with diabetes and my last checkup my doctor said that my glucose was a little high at 110. I dont even want to mess with that disease, time to lose it and keep it off.
  • amammaa4
    amammaa4 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. I understand diabetes all to well. My husband is type 1.
    I guess we should take it one day at a time :)
  • pearce05
    pearce05 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Best of luck at starting again! Over the years I've yoyoed and got fed up at Xmas and I'm down 17 pounds and I fit my clothes properly again. Just log everything and the system works!