Shirataki Noodles/Rice

Options
Anyone tried Shirataki Noodles or rice before?

I knew they r zero calories...are they tasty? Especially the rice...does it really taste like rice?
If so...would be so great to make my favorite dishes guil t free

Replies

• cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I've never had the rice, but the noodles are pretty good. They're still not pasta lol, but it was a nice substition so I could eat (basically) the same meal as my kids. They don't taste like much, and they're not as dense as pasta. Most of the time, I just go with zoodles though, because of the cost.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I've had the noodles. Once. Never again. Some people love them - I did not.
  • Namonakunaru
    Namonakunaru Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Depending on the noodles that you buy, they can have a very strong odour when first opened. But, if you wash them well then boil them for 5 minutes before using them in your dish, they take on the flavour of that dish. I am not sure about the rice.
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    They are great lo-carb option. They taste great when you mix them with good sauces. I also like zucchini from a spiralizer... Maybe a bit more
  • shaybee377
    shaybee377 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of the noodles, but I found that the rice actually has about the same consistency as Israeli (pearled) couscous, which I loooove. It doesn't have much taste though.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    gross
  • Ginger_28
    Ginger_28 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    they smell and taste like fish. they are not good.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    GROSS! They smell like fish. No thanks.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Recently I pan fried them. Then I cooked some garlic, mushrooms, and bell peppers with ghee in a different pan.
    Then I added a little cream cheese. Lastly I added everything together with a little water and spaghetti sauce. My fussy hubby loved the soup.