Strong TV Show

Options
lorrpb
lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
What did you think of this show? I can't believe I haven't seen any discussion of it here. Super kudos to all the participants!

But how did they do this in 10 weeks? How did these overweight out of shape women gain incredible strength, lose up to 37% BF, gain 10-15 lbs of muscle and train 3x a day, presumably every day or most days? The stats shown on this show seem to contradict most of what is said here regarding body comp change, but it seems like a well done and reliable show. Thoughts?

Replies

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Which show? There's no link to it.
  • tinuz
    tinuz Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    if only we had an idea what you are talking about.....
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    tinuz wrote: »

The show is called Strong.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I don't think they necessarily did all that in ten weeks. Notice that no contestant looked like their "after" segment on the very last day of competition? The winner looked VERY different in the epilogue than she did on her last day in the tower. To me it's obvious they followed up after each person finished at the training center they sent them off to.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Ahh it's an American show, I'm not American so had no idea.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    It was a show on NBC, I hadn't heard of it either until a few weeks ago while listening to a podcast. Came on at the same time as Big Bang Theory, which is why most people probably didn't see it. :smile:

@lorrpb, I train with people who have to cut weight for bodybuilding or lifting competitions, it can be done, it's not easy, the diet is super strict, no carbs and there is a huge come down afterwards. Add training 3x a day, I suspect they'll be doing the same damage to their bodies as the Biggest Loser contestants were doing to theirs.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    tinuz wrote: »
    fr33sia12 wrote: »
    Which show? There's no link to it.

Please read the title of the post. "STRONG TV SHOW"
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I have been watching Strong and American Grit. I kind of like how they focus on the competition and not necessarily weight loss goals. I didn't think any of the contestants were that out of shape to begin with unlike Biggest Loser. And I agree with @dym123 about competition prep. It's pretty common in that industry to see huge transformations in short periods of time.