45 pounds in a year

Options
Good morning! I'm turning 53 in two days, and decided I've had enough of being overweight. This is the year for me! So my goal is to lose 45 pounds (I'm 199) in the coming year to get to my goal of 154 by the time I'm 54. It's still over where I'm "supposed" to be, but I feel it's realistic. Wish me luck!

Replies

• clancie518
    clancie518 Posts: 40
    Options
    Welcome to MFP... it's a great site and you will get lots of support. It's good that you are being realistic about your weight loss and know that it takes time. which tells me you are in it for the long hall... so GOOD LUCK and Happy Birthday (in 2 days)....
  • Carebr93
    Carebr93 Posts: 5
    Options
    Good luck! that seems like a good goal.... Just remember no more than 2lbs per week.
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Welcome this is a great site and your goal is definately achievable. i started to lose weight in Jan of this year, and joined MFP in March and i have lost 48 pounds to date, still need to lose 25 more to get to my goal of 140 but am hoping to achieve that by the end of this year, everyone says the last few pounds are the hardest to lose. Good luck.
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    It is a realistic goal if you stick to your calories and exercise regularly.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome! With MFP it will a piece of cake...rice cake that is! Take this one day at a time. Glad you are finally putting yourself on the list! You deserve to look and feel your best. Welcome to MFP and your new lifestyle!!!:flowerforyou:

Feel free to add me as a friend. :smooched:
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    That's a relatistic goal. However in the beginning you may loose the pounds quicker, but as you get closer to your goal weight it more than likely will slow down, just stick it out and you will get awesome results. Also, you may find yourself only loosing inches instead of pounds, so I recommend you measuring yourself as well.

Goodluck