Starting whole30 June 1st.

mfmetsker
mfmetsker Posts: 26 Member
I'm preparing to start the whole30 in June 1st. Looking for a buddy or two to keep me accountable. I don't have any chronic health issues but am hoping to see the lbs start to drop easier and clearing up my skin, brain fog, sugar addiction etc. Anyone who wants a buddy- connect with me and we can keep each other in check.

Replies

• MissSarahAllison315
    MissSarahAllison315 Posts: 263 Member
    Although I'm not following it 100%--life is crazy right now lol--- Whole30 looks super interesting, and I may or may not have read the entire Whole30 book in 24 hours.... :blush:
  • loobe1066
    loobe1066 Posts: 206 Member
    What is Whole30
  • midcitycat
    midcitycat Posts: 60 Member
    I'm on Day 3 of a slightly modified Whole30 - I don't eat meat, so I am allowing a little bit of peanut butter and tofu (though honestly, I have not had either yet). I'm also giving myself 1 day a week to have a vodka soda because otherwise I will go crazy. :)

So far, so good... I even behaved at a wine and cheese party last night! Also doing the 30 Day Shred this month along with the diet. I already feel much less bloated and am sleeping better!
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    I wrapped up my whole30 on May 30. And just about done the reintroductions. It was great! Helped me reassess my food (and liquor) relationships. And, I managed to lose 10 lbs in the month too.
  • Jdigs88
    Jdigs88 Posts: 71 Member
    I'm planning on starting June 20 - would love any friends who are also trying to stick with it! I know it's going to be rough.
  • jgnosse
    jgnosse Posts: 1 Member
    Started Whole30 on 5 June. So far so good... Preparation is the hardest adjustment, and if I can get through this weekend without a beer this will be doable...
  • montgomerydebra
    montgomerydebra Posts: 10 Member
    I plan on starting this on the 18th keep me updated on your progress! Good luck!
  • jdehart48
    jdehart48 Posts: 31 Member
    I love whole30. I did one in January. I may be looking to do another in July.
  • newsie1207
    newsie1207 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm on Day 8 of Whole30, and it's been great so far. I had a day of "blah" this weekend, which a friend had warned me about before we started. Now I feel wonderful! I woke up with so much energy this morning. Now I'm a bit scared of what all those chemicals were doing to my body.

Thankfully, I have my husband and a co-worker doing it with me. It's actually been kind of fun to figure out how to make our favorite meals compliant.

How is everyone else doing?