Healing for Him

Options
Food is controlling me, not the Lord. I am on a mission to end my food addiction and turn towards God. I want to grow closer to Him but food is standing in my way. I know I think about food more then Him. He loves us all just the way we are but doesn't want us to struggle with a vicious cycle of food. One day at a time through his strength I CAN overcome this! My first goal is to sacrifice my favorite food for 21 days. He gave His only son for me, its the least I can do. Today is day two without my ice cream!!

Replies

• nicole716
    nicole716 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! i know you can do it, especially with God's help. :)
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    You can do it :) You should check out this book:http://www.amazon.com/Made-Crave-Satisfying-Deepest-Desire/dp/031029326X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1309397214&sr=1-1

It also has a participants guide, I'm doing it now, and I find it really interesting and helpful!

Katie
  • bhuntington12
    Options
    I have that book. Its awesome! I think if I would read it every day especially in the morning it could really help me with this.
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    I couldn't have come this far without asking for God to give me the strangth every day to stick to it. We are weak but He is strong! You can do this. Have faith in yourself as well ;)
  • Sierraislegit
    Options
    I have the exact same problem, and I'm really inspired that you're deciding to do this. I think I'm going to do the same, after all He's more important than our favourite snack. (:
  • Li_Willi
    Li_Willi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You know, Jesus said "When you fast..." (Matt 6:16) not "If" you fast. Fasting is good for us - spiritually, mentally, physically.... Sometimes I feel like I'm insatiable when it comes to food & it gets really extreme, so I have to go "extreme" in the other direction & fast & that always works & brings me back to the "center" and calms me right on down. I don't know what it is, but there are times when I feel like I can eat & eat & have it feel like I haven't eaten anything - and fasting ALWAYS breaks that thing off of me. The Lord is our Helper & through Him we can do all things. God Bless. :-)
  • bhuntington12
    Options
    Exactly!
  • MrsMills712
    MrsMills712 Posts: 350
    Options
    You've got a great attitude! :) Enjoy your extra time with God. You can do this! ;)