RE-COMMITTING MYSELF TO MFP

Options
"If you gotta start somewhere, why not here? If you gotta start sometime, why not now?
If we gotta start somewhere, I say here? If we gotta start sometime, I say now?" ~ TobyMac

Toby sang these words to me this morning via K-LOVE radio, and it was an affirmation that I need to stop making excuses and just do what I need to do. And what I need to do is get back to logging my food and exercise.

I did so well for a while. I've lost 18 pounds (& surprisingly have kept it off, despite my lack of effort). I met my big new year's resolution when I jogged/walked 5 miles as part of a Pittsburgh Marathon Relay Team back in May! And I'm happily down to a size 18 (from 22's & 20's) for my summer shorts. :-) It's the most successful I've ever been at this type of thing.

BUT I KNOW I CAN DO MORE. But not without a little accountability & encouragement! And I am looking for a few additional MFP friends just like me, because many of the pals I had before, seemed to have fallen away too. So if you feel like cheering me on, I'll do the same for you! :-)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and good luck. You have thousands of friends here.
  • jhalton
    jhalton Posts: 85
    Options
    Wecome back. You can do this! Philippians 4:13

Praying 4 u,

Jack
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    WELCOME BACK! Glad you decided to return! THis site is a tremendous help for me! Congrats on maintaining and good luck in teh rest of your journey!!
  • countrymom1
    countrymom1 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Please feel free to add me. We can do it!
  • Raebug123
    Raebug123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love that song (well most Toby Mac songs) and totally support you, we can do this!!!!
  • jpeebs88
    jpeebs88 Posts: 81
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too. I have been here since January and recently did the whole recommit thing myself :)

(love that song, too)
  • Stacey661
    Stacey661 Posts: 15
    Options
    I am in the same boat too, mom, busy, 90 lbs. too heavy, just started with this site and got back to it 2 days ago.
  • HisBeloved65
    HisBeloved65 Posts: 186
    Options
    You can add me if you like! I have a long way to go- slow and steady :-)
  • shelli1982
    shelli1982 Posts: 133
    Options
    feel free to add me, I just "re-committed" on Monday after plateauing and losing/gaining same 5 to 7 lbs for the past year... I am sort of looking at it as a fresh start.... i.e. I have 35 lbs to lose now, instead of having 35 lbs MORE to go... if that makes any sense!! Anyway, good luck to you, you can do it, and congrats on the progress you have already made!
  • CarlaAnn15
    CarlaAnn15 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Same here!!! I ran a 5K in April and messed up my knee again. I've been limited on what I can do because of it... I haven't been really 'watching' and logging my food and I exercise when I feel like it. Which lately hasn't been much! I have lost 60 lbs total with 32 lbs to reach my goal but since April, I've put around 7 - 8 lbs back on. I woke up this morning and made the decision to start fresh! So starting today, I'm back on track and my goal for July is to lose the weight I put back on plus 10 lbs of the addition 32 lbs to reach my goal!

Feel free to add me and we can keep each other encouraged and cheer each other onto Victory!!!

Best wishes to you and Good Luck as you continue your Journey to a new and better YOU!!!!

Carla
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Welcome back ! You can feel free to add me if you would like also ! I joined in January also !