Lowest calorie alcoholic drinks

Options
emz_1993
emz_1993 Posts: 96 Member
I need to be more prepared for nights out but I don't want to jeapordise my progress. For those of you that drink and still lose what do you usually drink?

Replies

• Linseymout
    Linseymout Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Whisky. Generally just with ice. But you could also add water.
  • emmadonaldson95
    emmadonaldson95 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Tequila and gin and both fairly low
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered this: http://www.socialenjoyments.com/shop-social--social-enjoyments.html
    On the package it suggested trying it with a 1.5 oz of vodka and some cucumbers. I thought it was a little strong. With 1 oz of vodka and some cucumbers it was about 160 calories. By itself it is 88 calories and very tasty!

m1gdzm310jh0.jpg
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    vodka and soda water (or diet soda) with a lemon and a lime wedge. Only like 70 calories.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I prefer wine (usually around 125-150 / 5-6 oz or 25 cals / oz) or light beer (under 100 calories for 12 oz). Some would point you to hard liquor since the calorie count is often "lower", however that is typically for only 1.5 oz (a shot) and not mixed with anything (note: most liquors are around 100 cal / 1.5 oz); Once you start looking at mixed drinks, the calorie count is typically much higher (often 250-500 calories) due to the mixers (sodas, juices, syrups) or multiple shots of alcohol they use. But whatever fits into your calorie count/goals and macros is what can work for you.

ETA: I did just see on one website the recommendation for flavored vodka (mandarin orange, etc) and club soda, which would be essentially 100 calories since the club soda has 0 calories. Sounds interesting, and I may have to try it.
  • emmadonaldson95
    emmadonaldson95 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    I prefer wine (usually around 125-150 / 5-6 oz or 25 cals / oz) or light beer (under 100 calories for 12 oz). Some would point you to hard liquor since the calorie count is often "lower", however that is typically for only 1.5 oz (a shot) and not mixed with anything (note: most liquors are around 100 cal / 1.5 oz); Once you start looking at mixed drinks, the calorie count is typically much higher (often 250-500 calories) due to the mixers (sodas, juices, syrups) or multiple shots of alcohol they use. But whatever fits into your calorie count/goals and macros is what can work for you.

ETA: I did just see on one website the recommendation for flavored vodka (mandarin orange, etc) and club soda, which would be essentially 100 calories since the club soda has 0 calories. Sounds interesting, and I may have to try it.

However if you just mix your spirit with a diet drink such as diet coke or sprite 0 you've kinda solved the mixer issue
  • louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Generally the light or
    Clear spirits are the best bet for lower calories with the least amount of additives and fat. Spirits such as vodka with a diet soda or sparkling water and lime.
  • louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Jumping on the thread here (sorry!) but does anyone have any ideas for mixers that are NOT Diet sodas and have no added sugar. So far I've come up with sparkling water haha
  • bonnie824
    bonnie824 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    the Bai sparkly waters have a nice flavor for mixer and are almost no calories.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Malibu with Diet Coke, over ice
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Vodka coke zero or vodka soda with lime (if fruit not cordial)
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Vodka. On the rocks or with soda water and a lime.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Shots. Drink water or diet soda in between to keep "social."
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Vodka with just about any of the ocean spray diet cranberry juices varieties. I like the mango one.
  • andrea_p1025
    andrea_p1025 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Vodka/soda or Vodka/water (can add flavored Crystal Light or lemon). If you don't mind diet drinks then I also suggest Vodka/Diet Sprite and Bacardi/Diet Coke.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Whisky or rum with diet soda. Only 70 or 80 calories per drink..