SO CONFUSED. Using Jawbone Up Move and MFP together?

Options
jwongjd
jwongjd Posts: 2 Member
edited June 2016 in Getting Started
I used MFP for a few days before my Up Move came in the mail, and I LOVED it! But now that I'm using both, I'm having difficulty figuring out what to log where, and when, and how to interpret the results.

I read in another thread that the suggestion is to log food in MFP and log activity in Up?

The difficulty I can't get my head around is that Up activity doesn't seem to affect the MFP calories unless I ALSO log activity in MFP...which is redundant and frustrating. MFP will log my Up steps, but not the calories it seems.

Can someone explain how I should be using these together, or point me to a guide? My google-fu has failed me. :(

Thanks much!

Edit: I'm on the Android platform, if that matters.

Replies

• cupboard_stalking
    cupboard_stalking Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have the UP24 and mine does update mfp with calories burned... this must be a setting in mfp?
  • 35dollars
    35dollars Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I used them both together - mfp and an Up Move, and it did import the calories, but I hated the way they worked together.

From memory (I lost the Up so don't have it to check any more), you set an activity level target. Anything less than that and it subtracts calories from your available total in MFP, anything above you earn exercise calories which are added to MFP. However, it doesn't seem to consistently update these during the day - just batch updates them at semi-random times.

You shouldn't need to also log the exercise in MFP - have you got the Up connected via the Apps menu on the MFP web-site?
  • jwongjd
    jwongjd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    However, it doesn't seem to consistently update these during the day - just batch updates them at semi-random times.
    I think this is what was happening. After using it for a couple days I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Thanks!

New question - it appears that now mfp food isn't importing into up (but it did yesterday and the day before). Is this another one of those "doesn't regularly sync" issues too?