Tummy Fat

Options
I have 6 children. I had 2 c sections 16 months apart. I feel like my lower stomach has no chance of tightening. I don't expect it to ever be flat, but I don't want to have to tuck it into pants either. Anyone have a success story for this type of thing?

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I didn't have c sections, but I had two large babies 12 months apart and I got pregnant while obese. It is possible to have a flatter tummy. It takes time, effort and lots of patience.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach#latest
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. No c section, but 4 giant babies with 50-60 lbs gained. I'm actually 2 lbs below my prebaby weight (now what I weighed in college), but there's a little pooch of loose skin (and a bit of fat) that wasn't there before.

I'm doing New Rules of Lifting for women and I know I am getting some muscle...I think it'll be a slow, annoying road.
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Bodies are amazing in how they can cope with the rigours of being pregnant and then having surgery so close together, don't lose all hope on tightening up the area and seeing improved but it will take time.

Please check out @usmcmp topic on 'Nice stomach" as it is filled with awesome information.

I have had 2 babies 1 by c-section and have lost 168 lbs and maintained that for 3 + years and at 53 (started losing at 48) I'm not too disappointed with the look of my tummy.

Genetics do play a very significant role in how your skin will recover and it really does test your patience as it is a time based thing too before you can start to assess the actual issues. Often see people advising others to wait 2 years before making any drastic decisions.

Sometimes though the stress of multiple pregnancies and surgery do mean that the skin has separated from the muscle behind it and only reconstructive surgery can help in that case.

Wishing you all the best.
  • amber76bailey
    amber76bailey Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    3 babies 8 ponds 8 ponds 10 pounds 60 to 90 weight gain. Lost 135 pounds in 2 years but no luck on the flat tummy.... I had to get a tummy tuck. Best thing I've ever done fit myself worth every penny.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Again no sections here, but I had three babies in three years and was huge every time (and frankly was huge before we got married too lol). Over the last four months I've gone low-carb (no you don't have to go low carb to lose weight, its just what works well for me), I work out 6 days a week (strength and cardio) and I hit the vitamin E body butter like it owes me money. I've nearly gotten rid of all the belly (hoping the last 15lbs helps zap it completely, though my stretchmarks are deep and forever courtesy of my 9lb middle child -_- .

I hope you get the results you want with time, believe in yourself!

4gfsyna4a8c7.jpg

• nikkchikk1
    nikkchikk1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    6 kids here. All of them are 17-24 months apart. The last two were twins and I had to have a C-section. So far I'm down 65lbs, with 20 to go before I'm where I'd ideally like to be. My stomach is becoming flatter, though I don't think it will ever be without a little skin hangover. I think how much weight you put on or plan to loose will have as much of a role as the C-section does. I think the biggest help for me so far is just making sure to drink lots of water. I feel like it is really helping my skin get to where it should be.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!