Weighing food / counting calories when out

Options
i am good at weighing all my food when I'm at home, losing consistently and happy with my progress. However I have started avoiding going to friends houses for dinner where I can't control what I'm eating / drinking! If I do go out, I then have no idea how to log it so I end up putting nothing... (Obv not a good idea!) how do you get around this one? Any advice hugely appreciated.

Replies

• pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    You just have to take your best guess - if they cook you a chicken tomato casserole, then search in the database for "chicken tomato casserole" and pick an entry that looks in the ball park to you.
    Yes, it's going to be an estimate, but that's ok, nothing to lose sleep over.
  • philippakate197
    philippakate197 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    One meal on one day isn't going to hurt - as long as you stick to one portion. I agree, have a guess but log something then move on. If you've got the hang of this at home and you're seeing results, this really isn't significant in the overall scheme of things. Oh, and enjoy the time with your friends - that's calorie free! ;-)
  • gember85
    gember85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    If you don't do it often then don't count that's what I do. I see it as a treat and enjoy myself but if it's a regular thing then maybe ask for the recipe and you can work it out yourself then when you get home x
  • ajc1309
    ajc1309 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy it, move on and carry on as normal!