anxiety/ getting started over

Options
Hi I'm starting over on this site again. this time I am more motivated then ever. Its quite a step for me to make a public post cause I have anxiety and no circle of friends in real life so I thought that why not make friends online for a good cause. I would love to have supportive friends on here. atleast ill be somewhat social not like in real life. please send me a request or write on the bottom that you will accept my request. Lets do this!

Replies

• sueelaineparker
    sueelaineparker Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I suffered postnatal depression and anxiety so I really understand how horrible it can be. Feel free to add me :) what are your goals?
  • fitnellieforlife
    fitnellieforlife Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    my goals is to lose 100 pounds and to lose .5 lb a week on a 1900 calorie diet. can u send me a request? cause myfitnesspal is acting up again and wont let me.
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    OP - wishing you all the best for achieving your goals.

Anxiety is a *kitten* and I'm sorry that you have little or no support IRL that must be very difficult.

I too battle with anxiety and illness which exacerbates the anxiety, I am a lot older than you (53) but have found MFP and the community here to be very informative and supportive. Over time I have lost 168 lbs and maintained that loss for 3 + years using the app.

Friend request sent.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I deal with anxiety on pretty much a daily basis, probably mild depression as well. The good thing for me is that I have pretty much learned to not let the anxieties take me over. It is difficult but you can do whatever you set your mind to do. The fact that you are reaching out says a lot about you.