Biting off a healthier, more organized, joyful and peaceful life @ 54

Options
Calgary, midlife, kids gone, recent move, tired, overwhelmed, lonely. Food is control, comfort, distraction, reward. Work is satisfying, but not enough. Goals: energy, passion, not needing others to justify my existence, house organized from move, quality food in within its walls, new visitors and friends...joy without guilt...love without expectations...a puppy that becomes less of a 4th kid.....
:) In general, less mediocrity all around!

Replies

• healthynoreen
    healthynoreen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Husband supportive but....
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    You sound like you got your ducks all in a row. For me its always a "Do what I say, and say what I mean" thinking. I am midlife, process of putting last son thru last year of high school then Navy, two kids already enlisted. Dealing with putting myself first, loving life, appreciating the blessings I have. Living in the moment, and not worrying about the past. Of keeping the passion for life, food and preparing food with a great mental attitude. To know that the process of chopping, fixing, buying, organizing is part of my healthy eating. That my mental attitude is paying attention, being mindful. Not settling in my perseverance of what I want for myself. A puppy....oooh I am jealous! I have to wait until my husband gets older, and I shall name a cat"Pillow", and fool him.
  • healthynoreen
    healthynoreen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support. No ducks in a row, but one toe ahead at a time. The puppy is wonderful, but only a year, and too smart! Loves leather work shoes! I can't imagine having kids in the navy--you can't see them regularly, but I guess it requires a lot of choices to finally get on that path. Good luck with your journey....
  • Annr
    Options
    Aw the Navy is in our blood. Presently I have one son in WA state with a squadron, another in the South China Sea on a carrier, he wife on another carrier in the Med, and a teenager that is just starting out. Life is a series of hellos and goodbyes. Its the in between stuff that is great. Last October I had them ALL home for a week of happiness and uber spoiling. Oh my teething time for the puppy eh?
    I am on a site that is for 50+ ladies let me highlight it and you can read it and see if you wish to type and be apart of our craziness. No really joining persay, just type when you wish to.
  • Annr
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10401480/women-ages-50-for-june-2016#latest
    Just click on the star that is even with the title and it will turn yellow. That means that anytime you wish to find it, just click the upper grey star and see it listed.
  • babydollee
    babydollee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    3 kids out of the house 1 in college 1 in the Marines 1 heading for the Navy and 1 in 8th grade. I just graduated from college myself. I'm 37 and struggling to lose this 100 pounds that piggybacked my soccer mom body. Looking for friends to keep each other going.
  • Annr
    Options
    Congrats @babydollee with getting your kids "onward on their own paths". Marines AND Navy....you can mess with your Marine child and tell them that the Marines is really just a branch of the Navy... (they hate that).... I have a 26, 21 and 17 yr old. You got this! You can add me if you wish to. I have LOTS of great friends that keep me accountable!