ANIMAL POOPING ON MY ROOF...HELP ME!

Options
Jodi_O
Jodi_O Posts: 32
I have an animal that is using my roof for it's bathroom. There is poop all over! I think that it's a raccoon or a possum. Does anyone know how to get the animal to stop pooping on my roof? Help me!!!

Replies

• pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Sit ot there with a paintball gun and wait for it to be caught on your roof? That's what I would do
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    call your local county extension agent--they can set a trap or safely take care of it and they can identify the scat and tell what type of animal it is.
  • VSgirl2010
    VSgirl2010 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I suspect you can't *stop* it. You'll have to call animal control and have them trap it and relocate it. HOPEFULLY they will use a *have a heart* trap and not harm or kill it- just relocate it humanly.

Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • yyzdnl
    yyzdnl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Cut down any trees or limbs that are overhanging the roof. If tree limbs are near enough to the roof that a raccoon or a possum can get on the roof then they are probably rubbing your shingles on windy days and that will do more damage than some animal droppings.
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    great idea, yyzdnl!!!!

i have heard people use elaborate special electric eye triggered water guns - or spray coyote urine around (i wonder if that is an improvement?) but this idea above seems more cost-effective and a lot wiser
    Cut down any trees or limbs that are overhanging the roof. If tree limbs are near enough to the roof that a raccoon or a possum can get on the roof then they are probably rubbing your shingles on windy days and that will do more damage than some animal droppings.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    At least it isn't an elephant. I'm an optimist.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I heard Carl from Caddyshack is still available for contract killing work...you OK with some C4 explosive?
  • Jodi_O
    Jodi_O Posts: 32
    Options
    Maybe I can use my husband's urine...it's probably just as potent!
    great idea, yyzdnl!!!!

i have heard people use elaborate special electric eye triggered water guns - or spray coyote urine around (i wonder if that is an improvement?) but this idea above seems more cost-effective and a lot wiser