Traveling for work and excercise/diet

Options
Hello,

Does anyone have tips on maintaining excercise and diet while on business travel? Hard to do a specific program when out.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Do you stay somewhere with a hotel gyms or can you take some equipment with you? A combo of bodyweight exercises and dumbbells can get you through. This complex is doable at most hotel gyms I've used:

https://youtu.be/HLBL2U_wjVo
  • aznfun1970
    aznfun1970 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I try to stay where there is a gym, but it is also just the change in routine that derails me. Probably more of a mental thing really. The tough part is sometimes the hotel only has Dumbbells to 25lbs. I'm not really a runner/elliptical type of person.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I think you're right that it's a mental thing. I try to focus on one or two goals like: get plenty of fiber, and protein.
    And get 10,000 steps. With the food goals, it helps me make better restaurant choices, which helps me stick to my bigger picture goals.

I'm about to travel for a month. Again.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Switch to bodyweight exercises for a few days if there's no gym or not the right weights.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    One solution is to use a bodyweight program while you're traveling. I know at least one (rather jacked) pilot who uses that approach. I agree with the mental/routine issue though and it is real. You'll just have to work on it. We all struggle with perfect adherence. Are you able to schedule in your workouts, as in put them on your daily calendar?
  • saramariep14
    saramariep14 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Will you have a refrigerator in your room? When I travel for work I go to the grocery store when I get there and pick up healthy breakfast and snack options (if I have space I'll shop and home and take it with me.) You could also pick up things for lunch depending on whether you do lunch on your own or if you will be at work functions. At restaurants I would try to research and recommend places if I could, if not just focus on making the best choices you can. Good luck!