OMG!!! HUGE Scale Victory after 2 weeks of vacation!

Options
Mom2rh
Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
Today was the first time I weighed in for three weeks. Two weeks ago I had a fabulous five days of vacation with some great girlfriends...we went to a Southern California beach...did lots of shopping, lots of eating out...and yes lots of drinking. But not lots of exercise (although I did read you burn 100 calories per half hour of shopping! ;) )

I came home for a night then took my boys to Washington DC for another week...my oldest son was attending a conference. Again, lots of eating out. No time for exercise. Not as much drinking, ;) . Some days sitting. Some days lots of walking.

We got home last Saturday. I've been trying to get back to my routine of logging my food. It's been busy so not a lot of exercise yet.

So...my weigh in today. So scared to step on the scale. But I knew I had to face it. I was thinking I would be so happy if I was the same or even on pound up. Drum roll please...I was down almost 3 pounds!!!!!!!! Yea me!!!!

Replies

• allybally6
    allybally6 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! That's so good
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Well thats a nice surprise, right? Must mean you've started making healthier choices when you eat out, which is what you should really be proud of.

**Edit - Spelling fail.
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!! Congrats to you!
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I love when that happens!!! Congrats!!!
  • urbanhomesteader
    Options
    that's fantastic! congratulations! (and you will totally inspire me next week when my parents come to town for a 10 day vacation...so much eating out involved in that. lol.)
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Congrats to yoU! I had a very similar experience following a week of vacation, i was so scared to get on the scale only to see a loss, its a great feeling, enjoy:)
  • saldridge
    saldridge Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    That could be an indicator that you are usually not eating enough and starving yourself. Over the vacation, you fed your body the amount it needs to lose healthy and that's what it did!
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Awesome!!!!! Same here!!! I thought I gained some on my week long vacation with, yes, lots of drinking and eating, and no exercise except walking from the condo to the beach. :) I'm actually down 2lbs from what I was when I left! OMG! Maybe, not worrying about it has helped us to not eat so much and subconsciously watch what we eat!
  • shelld70
    shelld70 Posts: 106
    Options
    Congrats! If shopping burns that many calories, I should be really skinny by now. lol Glad you had a great vacation!:glasses:
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    That could be an indicator that you are usually not eating enough and starving yourself. Over the vacation, you fed your body the amount it needs to lose healthy and that's what it did!

That is EXACTLY what I was going to say! If you aren't eating back your exercise calories, you may want to start...it will work in your favor!
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    this has eased my mind a lil... i'm going on a cruise next week... i was worrying i would blow all my hard work. But reading this is making me think i probably wont do as badly as i think.

oh and cheers to good choices!
  • marshalemar
    marshalemar Posts: 106
    Options
    Great job! Sounds as though you were burning a lot more calories than you thought during your vacations.
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Wow .. you know you've made a lifestyle change, when you lose weight and make proper choices - when you aren't logging in and forcing yourself to make those choices.

You are well on your way!! Great news, hope you had a fantastic time!!
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I appreciate the words of encouragement.

*high fives all around.*
  • thumper67
    thumper67 Posts: 105
    Options
    That's just amazing! WTG! Proud of you!
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!