Shakeology Cleanse

Options
Hey there everyone!

I have a question, mostly b/c I'm concerned / worried. Sooo, I'm doing this Shakeology Cleanse ( started yesterday ) and the first day I lost 2lbs. *yay* lol, I'm on the 2nd day today & will be finishing the cleanse tomorrow! Butttt I'm really worried b/c my Husband's good friend is coming in town this weekend ( when I'll be finished w/ the cleanse ) & wants to go to one of our favorite mexican restaurant. I am the biggest lover when it comes to mexican food...mostly hot sauce & chips. I don't know what to do!! Do I go, and fight the urge to binge eat & order a salad or something OR do I stay at home while they go eat?! I wanna go only to catch up w/ him and everything, but it's the day right after my last day on the cleanse & I don't wanna do anything bad and gain all the weight back. HELP!!!!!!!

Replies

• olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    Fight the urge! Just let them know why you aren't eating the chips and salsa up front so they don't ask!

It is hard but if you are in it for the long haul, stay strong!
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I had Mexican last night. What I did was order vegetarian fajitas. If you don't eat the refried beans (~300 cal) or sour cream or the tortillas (~110 cal ea.), then you'll be okay. You're looking at around 600 cal for the meal, including a cup of salsa and around 13 chips. [My meal was closer to 1200 because I added the beans and tortillas. But I also planned my day's calories around that fact.]
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    First I want to ask you how did it go with the Cleanse, I just order it and I'm waiting for my kit to start the 3 days. How did it go?

In reference of your question, I think you should go with them, order a mexidan salad, and just cut on portions, and talk a lot while eating so you won't eat as much :)
    Have fun and enjoy the time out with them, Mexican Rest. are always good.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Agree with the others: Plan your meal before you go and you will be fine... Definitely don't miss out.
  • AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Go and just practice using your willpower to not eat it all. Immediately, put 2/3 of the meal in a to go box. That way, you can have leftovers for a couple days as well. You can also offset the extra calories by doing a little more exercise. Don't deprive yourself completely of food you love or good times with a friend!
  • licia67
    licia67 Posts: 109
    Options
    Why do you have to binge? If you start out with the mindset of binging this is what you will do.
    Limit yourself, and if you truly feel that you have no control over chips and salsa, after the initial basket that they serve is gone, when they ask if you want more say no.
    If you have the strength to do the Shakeology Cleanse as it is intended, then you CAN resist the temptation to binge on chips.
    Also, just think about the results that you earned on the cleanse when/if you find yourself faltering.

I believe that you can go to the restaraunt and have a great time!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Go!! You probably will gain some of the weight back. But you'll likely gain a good deal back anyway because cleanses mostly just take off water weight. Go, have fun, don't pig out, then get back on track. Losing weight is a great idea but part of being healthy is being happy so go have fun with your friend.
  • licia67
    licia67 Posts: 109
    Options
    I agree with Adrienne. I usually ask for a box either when ordering or as soon as the waitress/waiter brings me the plate that contains enough food for four peolple :-)
  • alliebob27
    alliebob27 Posts: 79
    Options
    First I want to ask you how did it go with the Cleanse, I just order it and I'm waiting for my kit to start the 3 days. How did it go?

In reference of your question, I think you should go with them, order a mexidan salad, and just cut on portions, and talk a lot while eating so you won't eat as much :)
    Have fun and enjoy the time out with them, Mexican Rest. are always good.

The cleanse is going really well! I'm surprised I've done THIS great so far!! Yesterday was my first day & I lost 2lbs. I feel like I've lost more today...:) It's a really good cleanse.
  • alliebob27
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all your responses. I just am trying to think of what item I should order...like what are the "healthier" options?! I hear fajitas are?!
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    When in doubt, choose an item that includes soft tortillas. Soft tortillas are baked while crunchy shells are fried. Choosing soft tortillas over crunchy ones can easily save a few hundred calories.

A wrap is anything up to 180 calories (12 inch)

You could ask for a wrap to go with the dips instead of eating tortilla chips - cut it up and make mini taccos

Black beans are an excellent choice for most any dieter. They are low in fat, high in protein and provide plenty of fiber. (Avoid black beans and rice if you're a low-carb dieter and order the beans by themselves.) - 1 cup 227 Calories

Refried beans may sound like a good choice, but they are often prepared with lard, Mexican cheese blends, and even bacon, which quickly ups the fat and calorie content of what could be a healthy side.

on queso dips and nacho cheese are tempting toppers for chips, but they're both extremely rich and high in fat and calories. Same goes for sour cream. Guacamole is made with avocado which is a healthy fat, but a little bit of it can quickly add up your fat and calorie intake, so keep an eye on portion sizes.

Switch to bean burritos instead of beef or cheese burritos and you'll be saying adios to lots of extra calories and get in plenty of fiber to boot. Ask for corn tortillas to be used instead of flour and you'll be doing even better!

"Do" and "Don't" Dishes

Some popular dishes to avoid include: Nachos, chimichangas, chalupas, taquitos, chile relleno, (all of which are deep-fried) and "double decker" burritos.

Some better choices are: Chicken fajitas (skillet without wrap, 310 Cals), bean burritos (370 each)

You may also be able to order low-fat cheese, brown rice, whole-wheat tortillas or a side of marinated vegetables.

Some Mexican restaurants will replace the sides that come with meals with a salad if you ask them to. Top your salad with salsa and you'll have a yummy, low-fat side. If you really missing dressing creaminess, ask for some reduced-fat ranch dressing and blend it in with your salsa until it's got a more dressing-like texture.

If you order a taco salad, be sure to request it be served on a plate rather than the deep-fried, bowl-shaped tortilla ... who wouldn't be tempted to munch on that?

(edited version of http://weightloss.about.com/od/eatsmart/a/aa050207a.htm to include some calories)
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    I should have just posted this

Choose:

gazpacho
    chicken or vegetable fajitas
    grilled chicken-based dishes (e.g., arroz con pollo)
    grilled seafood-based dishes (e.g. camarones de hacha)
    salsa and picante sauces
    soft tacos with chicken or beef
    tamales
    chicken flautas
    fish tacos
    chile con carne (hold the cheese)
    pico de gallo
    Avoid:

chips
    guacamole
    nachos
    chimichangas
    quesadillias
    crunchy tacos
    taco salad
    chorizo sausage
    sour cream
    sopapillas

(http://weightloss.about.com/od/diningout/qt/mexican.htm)
  • alliebob27
    Options
    When in doubt, choose an item that includes soft tortillas. Soft tortillas are baked while crunchy shells are fried. Choosing soft tortillas over crunchy ones can easily save a few hundred calories.

A wrap is anything up to 180 calories (12 inch)

You could ask for a wrap to go with the dips instead of eating tortilla chips - cut it up and make mini taccos

Black beans are an excellent choice for most any dieter. They are low in fat, high in protein and provide plenty of fiber. (Avoid black beans and rice if you're a low-carb dieter and order the beans by themselves.) - 1 cup 227 Calories

Refried beans may sound like a good choice, but they are often prepared with lard, Mexican cheese blends, and even bacon, which quickly ups the fat and calorie content of what could be a healthy side.

on queso dips and nacho cheese are tempting toppers for chips, but they're both extremely rich and high in fat and calories. Same goes for sour cream. Guacamole is made with avocado which is a healthy fat, but a little bit of it can quickly add up your fat and calorie intake, so keep an eye on portion sizes.

Switch to bean burritos instead of beef or cheese burritos and you'll be saying adios to lots of extra calories and get in plenty of fiber to boot. Ask for corn tortillas to be used instead of flour and you'll be doing even better!

"Do" and "Don't" Dishes

Some popular dishes to avoid include: Nachos, chimichangas, chalupas, taquitos, chile relleno, (all of which are deep-fried) and "double decker" burritos.

Some better choices are: Chicken fajitas (skillet without wrap, 310 Cals), bean burritos (370 each)

You may also be able to order low-fat cheese, brown rice, whole-wheat tortillas or a side of marinated vegetables.

Some Mexican restaurants will replace the sides that come with meals with a salad if you ask them to. Top your salad with salsa and you'll have a yummy, low-fat side. If you really missing dressing creaminess, ask for some reduced-fat ranch dressing and blend it in with your salsa until it's got a more dressing-like texture.

If you order a taco salad, be sure to request it be served on a plate rather than the deep-fried, bowl-shaped tortilla ... who wouldn't be tempted to munch on that?

(edited version of http://weightloss.about.com/od/eatsmart/a/aa050207a.htm to include some calories)

WOW thank you so much for all that!! That will help me A LOT!! I'm thinking either Soft Tacos OR Grilled Chicken Fajitas...getting hungry now thinking of it! lol.