Eating

Options
What are some things youwant back to eating, that you didn't eat when you were on a diet and reach your weight goal. If you know what i mean.

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Cheerios!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I didn't exclude anything.
  • scrittrice
    scrittrice Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    I didn't exclude anything.

Ditto. I don't exclude when cutting, and I don't look at maintenance as a time to add "forbidden" foods. The difference between cutting .5 pound a week and maintaining is 1/2 cup (tiny!) of vanilla ice cream or a generous handful of almonds. Not life-changing.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Cheerios!

I love this cereal! Now that Cheerios is gluten free I eat 1 cup before going to bed every night. :)
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I didn't stop eating any foods when I started MFP. Too likely to backfire and make me binge. I stopped eating fast food a few months ago, but that's mostly because I don't like the way it makes me feel after eating it, too greasy. Makes me feel gross. Plus my partner has bad reactions from it (chron's).
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I haven't given anything up. But I dropped back bread and cheese a lot when I was at a deficit. Turns out dropping those were all I needed to lose 500 calories/day. Those got added back in more modest amounts when I went to maintenance.
  • BikeTourer
    BikeTourer Posts: 191 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I didn't keep anything off limits during weight loss and dont do so now. I plan for what I want but I stick to the plan. At least 80% of the time I eat healthy food, I like healthy food too. I do eat based on activity level so I tend to do more active things when I want more or want something indulgent Weight loss is way more likely to be long-term successful if you practice what you are willing to do in terms of diet and exercise. The only difference should be the calorie limits. As a side benefit I enjoy certain items more because I savor it and I'm more mindful of whether or not I'm hungry.
  • debghutton
    debghutton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cut out sugar and carbs when I lost my 25 lbs...having a hard time figuring out how to "be normal."
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Agree with all the above! It is a lifestyle not a "diet" or "project" with an end date. I still enjoy the occasional "fast food burger & fries, ice cream, cake, and pizza; just don't eat it often. Nothing is "off limits." B)
  • DayByDayGetStronger
    DayByDayGetStronger Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    There's really only 1 thing and that's because I didn't know how many calories it has...now I do. Costco pizza from the food court. A slice of cheese pizza there has over 700 calories. If I'm gonna blow 700 calories, I'll do it on pizza that's way gourmet than that one. Balance is the key in moderation. You need to eat, today, the way you're gonna eat the rest of your life. Parties, holidays, birthdays, vacations need to be part of our lives, and we need to burn those calories off with physical activity.
    My advice, if you'd like it, is to buy a heart rate monitor and you'll see how many calories you're burning to balance your eating out.
    Oh yeah, and you have to surrender to the fact that you will be a lifetime member to MFP or some other tool that tracks your intake . The day you think you can eat blindly again is the day your weight goes right back up.
    Enjoy foods...just make them fit into your energy expenditure for the whole day.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    700?! That's disgusting. My homemade pizza is roughly 280 a slice and mine is loaded :smiley:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »
    700?! That's disgusting. My homemade pizza is roughly 280 a slice and mine is loaded :smiley:

Lol that costco pizza must be one massive slice!

• victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Nothing has changed for me!! I'm more flexible about going over my calories though. When I was losing I never went over and now I'm more relaxed about it. Foods have stayed the same though.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerry’s
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I eat what ever I want. Just less of it & I honestly don't crave junk food so I don't feel like I am missing out on anything...
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Everything.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Pretty much ate anything I wanted while losing, and am still eating anything I want, I can just eat more.
    I don't go out of my way to eat desserts, but I will take a bite or two. Same with chips and fries.
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Two things that I didn't eat while in a deficit were pizza and burritos. I don't eat those things in moderation so I still try to avoid them. My husband and daughter eat pizza every Friday and I make my own flatout pizza instead.