NEED FRIENDS on MFP & Hunting for LOWWW Carb recipies, and I mean none to little.

Sunni_Dae
Sunni_Dae Posts: 1 Member
Hi, I am living the low carb life style and I walk regularly. After years of being obese, toxic liver numbers, irregularities with my heart, headaches, back aches, on and on, and putting off doing something about it, I DID IT. I do something "like" Atkins but I can't say it is Atkins. Since living the low carbs life style for years my labs and my health, energy level have been their best. I'm a happier me. I do fight with 20 pounds up and down at times but I keep at it. I refuse to buy bigger size cloths and I DO NOT want to let go of so many years of doing better. I have used MyFitnessPal before but got away from it. I felt I had better success when I did use it. Now I need some friends on here who are on the same path or starting a low carb life style too. PLEASE ADD ME. I may have been doing this a while but I always have more to learn. I'm looking for lowww carb recipes. No flour, no bread, no pasta... on and on. Hope I hear from LOTS of you. I'm ready to get these extra pounds off. Thank You :smile: Add meeeee pleaseee.

Replies

• BerlinBluKat
    BerlinBluKat Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Guys. I'm new to this site and failing in my efforts to try to invite you as friends! Not sure what I am doing wrong but it won't let me send you an invite...Could you perhaps try to add me?
  • Bghere1
    Bghere1 Posts: 78 Member
    Just tried a new breakfast "cereal" this morning that was actually pretty darn good and only two net carbs (and that was from the almond milk I used to make it).

2 TBS Chia seeds
    2 TBS ground flax

Mix that together in a container that has a lid. Add in a splash of sugar free Torani sugar-free syrup (the stuff they use to flavor mochas - I used caramel) and a small splash of real vanilla extract. Next add your milk of choice. I use the unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I added a 1/2 cup, then stirred everything together really good. Lid on and stick in the fridge overnight. You can have it either hot or cold the next morning. I added another 1/2 cup of almond milk and stirred it more because it gets really thick. It was surprisingly good and filling.

Net carbs are figured by subtracting the fiber count from the carb count and both chia and flax are basically all fiber, that ends up a zero. You might be able to find a milk replacement that is totally carb free, but I like the taste of the almond milk and it's easy and cheap to buy.

Hope that helps. I'm trying to go towards more of a Keto diet, which limits carbs to less than 20 a day.

hmm hows that working for ya?
  • schusterluv
    schusterluv Posts: 1 Member
    The Keto diet works great! I am doing the Caveman Keto diet, I am down 8 lbs in 2wks. High fat, medium protein, low carbs.
  • ramblinirishrose
    ramblinirishrose Posts: 42 Member
    I eat Keto also and this is the best I've ever felt.I am loosing weighr but have a long way to go. After the first two weeks it is fairly easy. Agood resource for recipes is The ketogenic cookbook by Jimmy Moore and Marie Emmerich. Marie also has a website called "mariemindbodyhealth". She is a nutritionalist. You can friend me.
  • CarolynNickles
    CarolynNickles Posts: 12 Member
    Bghere1 wrote: »
    Just tried a new breakfast "cereal" this morning that was actually pretty darn good and only two net carbs (and that was from the almond milk I used to make it).

2 TBS Chia seeds
    2 TBS ground flax

Mix that together in a container that has a lid. Add in a splash of sugar free Torani sugar-free syrup (the stuff they use to flavor mochas - I used caramel) and a small splash of real vanilla extract. Next add your milk of choice. I use the unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I added a 1/2 cup, then stirred everything together really good. Lid on and stick in the fridge overnight. You can have it either hot or cold the next morning. I added another 1/2 cup of almond milk and stirred it more because it gets really thick. It was surprisingly good and filling.

Net carbs are figured by subtracting the fiber count from the carb count and both chia and flax are basically all fiber, that ends up a zero. You might be able to find a milk replacement that is totally carb free, but I like the taste of the almond milk and it's easy and cheap to buy.

Hope that helps. I'm trying to go towards more of a Keto diet, which limits carbs to less than 20 a day.

hmm hows that working for ya?

I really like it and it seems to satisfy me for the entire morning. Had dental surgery so I'm not eating anything seed related at the moment, but after things heal up and the stitches are gone, I'll start in again.