Meal Enders

Has anyone tried them? What did you think?

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited June 2016
    From the website:
    "These small candies reset your taste buds so that you don't feel the urge to eat. MealEnders contain no stimulants and are regulated as a food product so they have to follow strict guidelines of the Food and Drug Administration, unlike many diet and weight loss supplements."

So these are basically candies that go for $16 bucks per 25 pieces? It sounds/looks hokey. Buy a bag of Starburst and be done with it.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    They are a 15 calorie candy that is marketed to a weight loss niche. I'd go with the Starburst at 20 calories each and a WHOLE lot less expensive.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    It's an interesting theory, and the logic isn't all that "out there", but I don't think I'd lay out any cash without seeing some solid research on its efficacy.

Also, assuming it does work, I'd guess that a small candy followed by a mint would have the same effect.

If the idea intrigues you, you could always buy small bag of candies and a box of tic tacs, and see if it helps.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Yeah, I'm with everyone else here. I'd just assume have a hard candy; Werthers Origional and Jolly Ranchers are 23 calories each and can be sucked on for a long time. The Life Savers mints are really good, too. Healthy eating is expensive enough, so I'd just assume save the money on something that may end up being recalled for causing "serious health problems or death," and just look at the calories on some of your favorite hard candies and stick with those.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Drinking a glass of water and waiting a few minutes works for me. It's a lot cheaper.
  • BillMcKay1
    BillMcKay1 Posts: 315 Member
    I just brush my teeth. Does the trick for me.
  • Kib13
    Kib13 Posts: 38 Member
    The name is not appealing to me at all. I know that's a completely random thought, but for some reason I felt the need to share it. :smile:

Try having some mint candy like an altoid. The strong mint flavor will make eating anything right away quite unappealing!