Pregnant and staying fit

Options
Hello im 5 weeks pregnant and my main goal this pregnancy is to stay healthy and fit. My last prenancy i gain over 65lbs and it was horriable. Right now im still overweight and really need to be careful of what i eat. I purchased a gym membership yesterday from costco for 24 hour fitness. And i plan to really cut out all the process food and junk ive been eating the last few weeks due to stress. I also have had a bit of a weight gain since Jan.2011 because of my relocation to a new place for my husband job. I just want to stay healthy and have a healthy baby. I would love any support or anybody pregnant and wanting to stay in shape as well.

Replies

• Mystic_Potato
    Mystic_Potato Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I joined MFP about 2 weeks ago to try and get in shape to have another baby. Well last night I got a positive test! I am about 5 weeks also! Would love to be your friend in trying to stay healthy during pregnancy.
    :happy:
  • dida0721
    dida0721 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    walk, swim and stretch. Eat lost of fruits and veggies when hungry. Be sure to eat your calories back when you exercise, especially when pregnant. Congrats and good luck.
  • chiccloset777
    chiccloset777 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats suzanne..thats great!!!..Do you know the date of your last cycle?, then you can know the due date for sure....like im telling you something you dont know already..lol
  • chiccloset777
    Options
    Thamks dida! Im going to do all three of those.
  • alisha427
    alisha427 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I had a little one 9.5 months ago. I gained 45 lbs with him and still have a bit to lose so I can understand wanting to be fit and not gain excessive weight when pregnant. While I don't have time for the gym, I have to recommend Leslie Sansone's walking videos. They are great to pop in when you have 15 minutes and they are low impact but they work great when you want to sneak in an extra mile or two. They might not look too tough, but you will work up a sweat for sure!
  • chiccloset777
    Options
    Thanks Alisha..i have so many dvd's and VHS tapes on exercise..im going to dig and see if i have any of those..thanks for the input and congrats on you new baby!!!! Mine is 4 yrs old and still new to me..lo!