Help me with my this one please

Options
Cals for maintenance is 2040
Try to eat around 1600 cals daily (allowing two days to eat at maintenance - mainly on the weekend)
I workout 5-6x a week.

Do I eat at a maintenance on workout days then subtract calories burned?

Or do I eat up to 1600 on workout days and not count calories burned?

Replies

• ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Do whatever you like. By that I mean focus on the outcome (a certain weight, body fat percentage or some other metric). If you're trying to lose weight fast, don't count it. If you are feeling pretty starved after working out, then count it. It all depends on your goals!
  • monicaw44
    monicaw44 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I never eat my calories back. if I earned 200 calories from working out, I dont eat them. I eat only the 1200 calories where they are my caloric goal for the day.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    When you say calories for maintenance is 2040, does that include all your activity including exercise? Or are you saying without counting extra calories earned through exercise, your maintenance is 2040 (and on the days you exercise your maintenance is, like, 2500)?
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    You can build your deficit any way you like really.

I almost never ate back exercise calories at the start. Now that I'm within normal BMI (still near the top) I find I've been having hungrier days where I do eat calories back and may even go up to maintenance some days.