Keto/low carb salad dressings

Options
Sunsh1ne
Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
Anyone have a good recommendation for store-bought salad dressings that can fit a ketogenic diet? I'll try just about anything, I just don't want to face down the Wall O' Dressings at my grocery without some kind of plan.

Replies

• sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    On my salad tonight I just mixed olive oil mayo and half an avocado with some taco seasoning. But it was basically guacamole without the cilantro.

Normally I just label read. Often caesar dressing is fairly keto friendly. Oil, parmesan, garlic, dash of lemon and Worcestershire sauce (or anchovies). And an egg. Now I need to make homemade Caesar dressing again...
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Ranch, Caesar and Bleu cheese are usually good choices. Anything creamy. Stay away from the low fat dressings.

As for brands, Hidden Valley Ranch is 1g of carbs per tbsp. I don't know where you are located but in Canada, there is a brand called Renee's that has lots of zero carb dressings.
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to have soy bean or canola oil, that will be hard as they are in 99% or more of all salad dressings it seems. It is not a requirement for Keto but many strive for clean eating and anti inflamitory foods too. I have had no luck finding any I like but I do make a yummy and easy chipotle ranch. You can vary it based on your own taste, including just plain ranch dressing.

Ranch dressing

1/3 cup avocado mayonnaise (mayo made from avocado oil, I use Chosen Foods)

3/4 cup organic sour cream (full fat)

1/4 cup buttermilk powder (Bobs Mill)

1-2 tablespoons Mrs Dash garlic & herb seasoning. (To taste, I like 2 tablespoons)

Water to thin desired texture

Salt & pepper to taste

Optional: 1 tablespoon diced chipotles from a jar (or to taste)
  • kvab
    kvab Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I make my own out of mayo, mct, acv, salt and pepper and crumbled blue cheese. I just make it up to my taste preference and have a pot on the go in the fridge all the time.
  • jbgmfp
    jbgmfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's organic olive oil and red wine dressing - no sugar, no carbs, no canola or other bad oils. And very yummy!
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Vinegar and oil?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I like Renee's dressings. They are basically sugar free. I find them in the refrigerated section of the produce aisles.

Go full fat. Enjoy. :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Hubby likes these two from Publix:
    • Terrapin Ridge Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing
    • Marzetti Simply Dressed Avocado Ranch
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Marie's Caesar is my favorite. 1g carb for 2tblsp
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Walden farms brand salad dressing. They have a lot of flavors; however, please be aware that some taste terrible while others are decent. Unfortunately, they don't contain any healthy fat so I suggest adding some olive oil to your salads to compensate for that and their ingredients aren't the cleanest if that matters to you. So far I like the super fruit balsamic vinaigrette and the white pear balsamic vinaigrette. The honey mustard and thousand island flavors were horrid. The Honey balsamic vinaigrette was okay but way too sweet.