Lower Stomach AKA Kangaroo Pouch

Options
amyvictoriaj
amyvictoriaj Posts: 22 Member
Needing some MASSIVE help! I have been trying everything well to my knowledge everything to get rid of the lose skin/fat in my lower stomach. My biggest thing is I don't want to loss my bumm!! so looking for "super food" or "super extreme exercise" to get me to say BA-BYE KANGAROO POUCH!!

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    You should read this:
    So You Want a Nice Stomach

The only way to spot reduce fat is liposuction. There are no special foods or exercises that will magically make you lose only fat from your belly.

Consider doing the Strong Curves program. It's a weightlifting routine that incorporates a lot of glute work.
  • amyvictoriaj
    Options
    There is no super food that gets rid of the kangaroo pouch.

I would start by lowering your body fat percentage

There is no way to spot reduce. It would be great if we could all keep our bums and lose in our stomach areas but it just doesn't work like that

If I where you I would lower your overall body fat percentage and begin a strength training program

Thanks for your help @zoeysasha37
  • amyvictoriaj
    Options
    You should read this:
    So You Want a Nice Stomach

The only way to spot reduce fat is liposuction. There are no special foods or exercises that will magically make you lose only fat from your belly.

Consider doing the Strong Curves program. It's a weightlifting routine that incorporates a lot of glute work.

I'll take a look at both and I was hoping there was a trick but there's not only well gluten here I come lol thanks @shadow2soul
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Most of us have felt that way ink the beginning. We wished there was a crazy tip or trick to this but sadly there isn't. Just remember these things and you'll be fine-
    1 weight loss comes from a calorie deficit
    Eat less then you burn and you will lose weight. Just get yourself a food scale and learn how to weigh your food in grams .measuring cups for liquids. Log them all accurately here on mfp
    2 there's no reason to try gimmicks or fads. If they really worked then we all wouldn't be on here counting cal. lol . No reason to exclude foods or food groups. I eat around 180 G of carbs per day and lost all my weight. Weight loss comes from a calorie deficit. The foods you pick are up to you
    3 remember that you don't have to be perfect. We all make mistakes. It's okay. Be kind to yourself. Learn to love yourself through this weight loss process.

You can always create a thread and ask questions, we where all new to this once so don't ever be embarrassed.
  • haroldrios1692
    haroldrios1692 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add some very helpful pieces of information that can change your body but even better change your life. As you've heard you can't spot reduce fat from any part of your body. When you lose it it comes off evenly in all areas. And although there's no super foods, technically!!. However foods rich in protein can change your body dramatically. Examples are chicken breast, Greek yogurt, egg whites, lean beef. Turkey bacon. Oh and you can keep your body looking great without losing those parts you like lol. I'd start by going to see a strength coach or a person who can take your current body fat levels and put you on a calorie plan that will reduce your body fat leaving behind a even more beautiful strong figure. Check out Ashley Nocera on YouTube so you can see that eating a planned diet and training can make you look amazing...best wishes stay motivated.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Just wanted to add some very helpful pieces of information that can change your body but even better change your life. As you've heard you can't spot reduce fat from any part of your body. When you lose it it comes off evenly in all areas. And although there's no super foods, technically!!. However foods rich in protein can change your body dramatically. Examples are chicken breast, Greek yogurt, egg whites, lean beef. Turkey bacon. Oh and you can keep your body looking great without losing those parts you like lol. I'd start by going to see a strength coach or a person who can take your current body fat levels and put you on a calorie plan that will reduce your body fat leaving behind a even more beautiful strong figure. Check out Ashley Nocera on YouTube so you can see that eating a planned diet and training can make you look amazing...best wishes stay motivated.

protein on a deficit will result in less lean body mass loss, but it comes down to a deficit to lose fat and I can tell you it wont come off evenly in all areas, and there is no way NOT to lose the parts you like in a deficit unless you have good genetics. if you do a recomp(which is really slow) or lift in a surplus then you can build muscle and change how your body looks, you can lift weights in a deficit and change how your body looks to a point when in a deficit. but fat loss ultimately comes down to a deficit,which is why a lot of weight lifters,body builders,etc go through a lot of bulk and cut routines.I lost a lot of my booty and I have lifted the whole 4 years I have been at this.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    op I have been at this almost 4 years and Im just now losing the rest of my belly fat. it takes time and dedication. the belly area for most women is the last area to lose in. just be patient,it will come off eventually