current weight: 80.8 kilos

current height: 150cm

sex: female

what should i eat

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    As stated in your previous thread, not happening!
  • Jodiee182
    Jodiee182 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As stated in your previous thread, not happening!
    Yes but in her previous thread she said a month and a half, she's given herself the more realistic goal of a year now!
  • KerryEatsCarrots
    KerryEatsCarrots Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was a size 16-18 at the start of the year.. I'm now a size 12. (loss of 15 kg)
  • karolinagluszczuk
    karolinagluszczuk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes last year i lost 12kg in 6 months. Went from size 10/12 to size 6. Just eat clean, no sugars at all, 3 meals no snacking. Have decent bfast ( eggs or cottage cheese ) salad ( with protein ) for lunch, then protein & veg for dinner. Set goal of 1500 kcal a day and walk at least an hour a day fast. Good luck
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Whatever practices you adopt, make sure they complement a sustainable lifestyle, most people fail because the eating/exercise plans are not viable long term
  • Lesley2603
    Lesley2603 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I was 18/20 in October 2015, am now 12/14 and still losing, so definitely possible. Started eating breakfast, cut out snacks and fizzy drinks and exercise four days per week. You can do it.
  • gember85
    gember85 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Yes I went from size 20 in September last year and now can fit a size 10. Hard work and believing in yourself is the key x
  • AuroraGeorge8393
    AuroraGeorge8393 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is possible. I've done just that. I started out in May 2015 as a size 16/18, and by January 2016, I was a size 10/12. I dropped approximately 14 kg in order to achieve that. You can do it, too.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I went from a size 14/16 (US) to a size 6/8 (US) in seven months (I'm 5'7" and went from 185 lbs to 140-145 lbs). Totally doable.

Enter your stats into MFP, set a loss goal (I'd suggest no more than 1-1.5 lbs per week, 2 lbs per week is likely too aggressive), and track everything you eat. Find an eating pattern that works for you (for me it's LCHF, in fact I didn't use MFP at all to lose the weight, I discovered it during my fourth pregnancy and used it to try to control my weight gain) and be patient and consistent.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,738 Member
    Options
    Yes. In April 2015, I was around a 16-18 (US size). By about March of this year, I was a size 6.

I'm female, about 65cm (5'5"), SW 83kg (183 lbs), CW 54.4kg (120 lbs), 60 y/o, and hypothyroid, but also quite active and reasonably muscular.

How? I did it by:
    • Setting a reasonable calorie deficit (not crazy low calories);
    • reviewing my diary to replace foods that weren't worth their calories based on their tastiness, filling-ness or nutrition;
    • experimenting & adjusting the timing of eating and the specific foods I ate (within a healthy range) to stay full and satisfied most of the time;
    • getting enough protein & healthy fat daily, and at least 5-9 servings of fruit/veg for the micronutrients, then filling in the rest of the calories as I wished;
    • weighing all my food at home, estimating (erring on the side of overestimating) when I couldn't weigh the food;
    • logging what I ate meticulously, even if I went over goal (or way over goal);
    • sticking to my calorie goal the overwhelming majority of the time (but not absolutely always);
    • not forbidding any foods completely;
    • carrying healthy snacks so I could address hunger without eating something silly;
    • weighing myself daily & tracking my weight but not freaking out about fluctuations;
    • staying active;
    • slowing my loss rate as I had fewer pounds left to lose, in order to maintain as much muscle as possible while losing;
    • not getting melodramatic or emotional about the process, just treating it like a fun science-fair project;
    • drinking plenty of water;
    • getting enough sleep;
    • sticking with all of the above over the long haul.