What can you wear now?

Options
Orphia
Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
I love my new wardrobe!

It's actually comprised of a bunch of new things and some old favourites, such as:
  • Shift dress I made from a sari
  • Issey Miyake Vogue Pattern skirt from 1984
  • Black fine-pleated skirt of my mother's from 1964.

Here's an album of mirror selfies:

http://s176.photobucket.com/user/orphia/Clothes/story

What lovely things are you able to wear now?

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Everything goes with black. :smiley:
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I keep saying I will now add colour, but still in black
    Since losing weight I have added shift dresses and skirts to my work wardrobe
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Wow Orphia! You look awesome! I really like the pants with the zipper pockets.
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Bikini!!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You sew? I knew I liked you! Love the pics. Fitted tees for me! Yay!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    I've recently added shorts to my wardrobe again. I found a really nice, tight fitting pair that reaches just above the knees (not ready to go shorter yet). Can't wait to have the weather to actually wear them. :tongue:

Strangely enough I've moved away from color to more neutral colors in the past few months. I used to have very very bright clothes (afraid people would over look me?) and now I'm more into black and white. I did buy some new blouses in a lovely mint green shade that looks really good with my complexion. But everything else I've bought has been either black, white or jeans. :confused:
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Bikini, skirts, short shorts. To be fair, I did have a bikini before losing, but it was not flattering and I felt a bit self conscious. My butt and thighs would rub and wearing a skirt was just so hot and uncomfortable. Even short shorts were out because of chub-rub.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Literally everything, fortunately. Baggy clothes, skinny jeans, short shorts, cargo pants, t-shirts, crop tops, one piece swim suits, tankinis, bikinis, bodysuits, tight shirts, skater dresses, etc.
    Before weight loss, I didn't wear super baggy clothes or anything, but my wardrobe mostly consisted of outfits that drew attention *away* from by big belly, so anything too form-fitting was a no no.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    First off, just a couple of great tank bathing suits. And some terrific slim pants and leggings.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I wanted to wear dresses for years but never felt comfortable doing so until recently.

Now, I have a bunch of dresses in my closet and have worn one every outing.