Options
Misssquatiton
Misssquatiton Posts: 6 Member
edited June 2016 in Food and Nutrition

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Is your husband trying to lose weight? Is there a medical reason he shouldn't have much honey?
  • Misssquatiton
    Misssquatiton Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No, I just don't know how much is too much. I bought the biggest one my store carries and it's over half gone. I used 1 cup and have mine that I use bc i dont want to accidentally spill the huge container. It's about 12 ounces and I still have it over half full. We are trying to be healthier and make a change.
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Basically you're saying your husband ate a pound and a half of honey in a week?

I can't tell you if that's too much or not, but I can tell you that honey isn't much better than regular sugar. You might like it because of the minerals in it or some such thing, but if you're consuming lots of it you need to remember that it's still a source of sugar.

http://www.thekitchn.com/honey-no-healthier-than-corn-syrup-says-honey-funded-study-223752
  • JaneSnowe
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Rereading your post, you used a cup of honey for baking and 4 teaspoons a day in your tea. 3 teaspoons = 1tablespoon, so in three days you've put 4 Tbs in your tea. 4 tablespoons = 1/4 cup, so in 6 days you've put 1/2 cup just in your tea. So in about a week you alone used ~1.5 cups, in addition to whatever your husband used. Does that sound about right?

Edit because I can't math.
  • JaneSnowe
    Options
    ...was it something I said?
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I don't think honey is any healthier than sugar and would not spend the extra money.