Fellow veggies ?

Options
Hi, I'm new in here and thought I'd try to find people with the same kind of culinary style/needs . I'm vegetarian but cooking more and more vegan food, I think it's the way to go.

Replies

• Stoicus
    Stoicus Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm finding the same too. I'm hoping to make the the change eventually. I'm a relatively new veggie so making changes gradually.
  • taubut
    taubut Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I mostly eat vegetarian and vegan. I try to buy locally produced foods and organic when I can. One of my colleagues is a strict vegan, so when I bake for the office meetings it's vegan. No one else knows the difference :-)
  • mommy2ivy
    mommy2ivy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been vegan for 6 years due to health reasons. It is basically what I have to do to avoid medication. I fell into the vegan junk food trap and am on day 4 of clean eating. Basically I drink a protein shake in the morning. I have a massive salad for lunch or dinner with pumpkin seeds and soy nuts, then I snack on nuts and fruit, and for dinner I will either have a massive salad or a fruit and veggie smoothie. I am feeling way better than I was with eating all of that sugar and processed foods. I plan to eat like this for a total of 10 or so days to hopefully retrain my pallet not to crave the junk, then I will start to introduce other foods back in like bean patties, spaghetti squash, lentIl soups, and other cooked meals.